An NGO is looking for an HR Manager to be based in Nairobi with oversight over its HR function in the organization’s operations across the country.
Provide effective and efficient Human Resource Management and support services to the
organization on line with the human resource policy and procedures and in compliance with
legal and organizational good practice.
a) Human resources policies –
- Update and implement HR management policies and procedures and monitor all HR activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Manage industrial and employment relation matters and offer training, advice and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labour laws and related market practices so as to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Develop and implement a HR Strategic Plan.
- Train managers and supervisors on basic staff management and disciplinary skills and provide counseling support to staff as needed.
- Review departmental budgets.
- Ensure HR staff addresses employees’ requests and grievances in a timely manner.
b) Performance Management
- Co-ordinate the performance management process to drive a high performance culture and all related functions including staff appraisal, training planning and implementation and incentive schemes.
c) Recruitment and Selection
- Manage the recruitment and selection process, and train line managers in interviewing and assessment procedures.
- Support and suggest improvements to the entire recruitment process.
- Host in-house recruitment events.
d) Learning and Development
- In liaison with the line managers, identify and implement staff development programs, promotions and career progression.
- Discuss employees’ career development paths with managers.
e) Reporting and Management of Human Resources Metrics
- Identify cost effective areas and drive process changes through effective communication and enforcement of new ways of working.
- Monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire)
- Develop compensation and benefits plans.
- Provide direction, leadership, capacity building and coaching interventions to members of HR team.
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress.
- Oversee proper running and maintenance of the office ensuring all appropriate services and office equipment are maintained properly ensuring legal
compliance in areas covered by the Administration team.
- A first degree in HR management, business administration or the social sciences
- A Diploma in HR Management
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in a similar or higher position
Skills and Competence
- Sound expertise in Human Resources management
- Demonstrated Performance Management and monitoring skills
- Knowledge of labour laws and employment legislations
- Ability to engage with and win the respect of leaders to successfully influence them on key change initiatives.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to produce creative solutions to HR problems
- Strong industrial and employee relations skills
- Training planning/ management skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, together with the ability to remain calm under pressure often in difficult circumstances and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Computer literate, with high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Experience working with HR information systems an added advantage.
- Commitment to the organizational values of the NGO.
Gross salary of KSH 500,000 + benefits
go to method of application »
An NGO is looking for a Procurement Manager to be based in Nairobi with oversight over its procurement function in the organization’s operations across the country.
Provide effective and efficient Procurement Management and support services to the organization in line with the procurement policy and procedures and in compliance with legal and organizational good practice.
- Update, document and implement procurement policies and procedures and monitor activities to ensure compliance
- Develop and monitor annual procurement plans in line with budget.
- Formulate and manage the procurement budget and continually identify and implement cost reduction initiatives in consultation with the COO.
- Manage supplier contracts and ensure compliance with quoted terms and conditions.
- Set minimum and maximum stocks levels for stock items and ensure that these are compiled so that organizational requirements are consistently met.
- Ensure that procurement reporting deadlines are met.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Degree in business administration or related courses
- Diploma in CIPS
- 5 years experience prior experience in procurement and general office administration.
- Computer literate – proficient in the use of MS Office, Internet and email
Skills and Competence
- Sound expertise in Procurement management
- Strong planning, organization and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well developed follow through ability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Gross salary of KSH 300,000 + benefits