IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc.,is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technology and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services,...
Read more about this company
Roles and Responsibilities
A lead is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Project Delivery: Understand client requirements, project scope and deliverables; Lead project delivery and client meetings under overall guidance of EM/ Senior management; follow Assess-Design-Develop-Deliver-Monitor process in various work modules of the project; project team management and coordination with internal and external stakeholders etc. Also, would manage vendor, Design & Delivery and Data Processing, maintain field schedules, monitoring and communicating deadlines to team; checking programmed questionnaires; monitoring and maintaining progress of fieldwork; specifying deliverable requirements; final review of member deliverables. Contribute to team process improvements
- Operational excellence: Ensuring project profitability, timely delivery of projects, invoicing and collection, quality & risk management, positive feedbacks from the client, etc.
- Business Development: Identification and development of work opportunities, client requirement analysis, development of EoI/proposals, client presentations, etc.
- Practice Development: Support and lead learning and development initiatives for the team/project/organization.
- Thought Leadership: Manage research, analysis and delivery of thought leadership reports (global and domestic) with guidance from senior team professionals
- Team Management: Manage a team of project managers and consultants who directly (or through other consultants) support the implementation of public health projects and supporting new business development. This would involve, but is not limited to, having 1-1 and weekly meetings with your team cluster, distributing workloads evenly to the team and ensuring optimal use of all team members through bandwidth reviews etc.
As lead, the primary role would be to manage & lead project work streams/modules and client interactions with support from Sr. consultants/ Consultants in team. Additionally, you would be coaching team on technical and management areas.
Eligibility criteria and requirements:
- At least a medical degree or a masters-level qualification (PhD preferred) in a health-related field
- Excellent understanding of health sector, public health structure, multi-laterals and health programs in Africa. Experience in one or more areas such as Maternal and Child Health, TB, Malaria, HIV, Non-Communicable Diseases, Healthcare Research would be an asset.
- Should have relevant experience of 10+ years working for a governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental organization in health sector
- Prior consulting / advisory experience in public health sector in Africa is a desirable
- Prior experience of proposal development and managing projects for government clients and donor agencies. Experience with Africa CDC, Africa Union, UN agencies, The Global Fund, etc would be an asset
- Should have a flair for business development through proposal / grant writing and proactive outreach to the potential funders. Should be comfortable in making an elevator pitch to external stakeholders. Should be able to own and chase revenue and sales target numbers.
- Excellent project management skills with effective communication, team-management, problem-solving capabilities, as well as financial planning and management skills
- Excellent report writing skills in Word and expert-level presentation skills as well as thorough knowledge on the development of presentation deck in PowerPoint
- Willingness to handle multiple fast-paced projects, travel and adaptability to change
- Stay informed about research and trends in our program areas and in research and evaluation to inform our strategy accordingly.
- Ability to network with other institutions running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way.
go to method of application »
Experienced R programmer needed to provide technical expertise to develop process methodology for department to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and coordinate the development of integrated programming solutions serving the full spectrum of statistical programming needs. Provide technical expertise and leadership to the department. Provide internal consulting services, including specifications and user needs analysis for complex project or client requirements.
- Must have expertise of R programming
- SAS® Base, and good knowledge of SAS® graph and SAS® Macros.
- Capable of implementing more advanced statistical procedures as per specifications provided by biostatistician.
- Must have excellent knowledge of CDISC standards (SDTM andADaM)
- Thorough understanding of relational database components and theory.
- Excellent application development skills.
- Strong understanding of clinical trial data and extremely hands on in data manipulations, analysis and reporting of analysis results.
- Good understanding of ICH E6, ICH E3, ICH E8, ICH E9 and clinical research processes.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in Statistical Programming in pharmaceutical or medical devices industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, plan, organize and prioritize activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience as technical team lead directly engaging clients and coordinating tasks within a programming team
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Knowledge of statistics, programming and/or clinical drug development process
- Advanced knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Graph and SAS Macro Language
- Should have experience with SDTM Implementation andADaMimplementation according to CDISC Standards.
- Must have expertise in SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/SQL.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team [SPM]
- Exhibits routine and occasionally complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead teams and projects and capable of managing at a group level
- Recognizes when negotiating skills are needed and seeks assistance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Perform, plan co-ordinate and implement the following for complex studies: (i) the programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing and (ii) the programming of analysis datasets (derived datasets) and transfer files for internal and external clients and (iii) the programming quality control checks for the source data and report the data issues periodically..
- Ability to interpret project level requirements and develop programming specifications, as appropriate, for complex studies.
- Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to SP teams and Statistical Programming department, for complex studies.
- Fulfill project responsibilities at the level of technical team lead for single complex studies or group of studies.
- Directly communicate with internal and client statisticians and clinical team members to ensure appropriate understanding of requirements and project timelines.
- Estimate programming scope of work, manage resource assignments, communicate project status and negotiate/re-negotiate project timelines for deliverables.
- Use and promote the use of established standards, SOP and best practices.
- Provide training and mentoring to SP team members and Statistical Programming department staff.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Get your CV ready for 2022. Order our 100% professional CV Service.