Ol Pejeta is the largest black rhino sanctuary in east Africa, and home to three of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a Sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market. It has some of the highest predator densities in Kenya, and still manages a very succe...
Read more about this company
The Plumber will report to the Water Section Supervisor in the Logistics department.
The Plumber will be responsible for the maintaining and servicing of all water infrastructures within and outside the conservancy as well as operating water pumps and generators in their respective stations according to the set programs from time to time efficiently and effectively according to the company policies and procedures.
Specific duties include: –
- Construction and repairs of masonry tanks, troughs, manholes, anchor blocks and drainages.
- Routine inspection of all water infrastructure, repairs & maintenance, servicing and installation of any water infrastructure e.g., windmills, waterlines, taps, tanks, pumps, cattle troughs, valves etc.
- Carrying out daily checks on the pumps and generators according to the designed daily check sheets provided
- Switching on and off the respective pumps and generators according to the laid down programs.
- Following the waterline and ensures that there are no leakages and that water reaches the tanks provided.
- Ensuring that the tanks are filled before leaving their stations and closing & opening the necessary valves if any.
- Driving of the workhorse to facilitate his transportation to the various work sites.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for self and others and ensures the work station is kept to the highest standards of cleanliness
- Reporting any hitches or problems noticed while carrying out assigned duties to the Supervisor for appropriate action.
- Keeping in safe custody all tools and equipment allocated and correctly uses the same.
- Properly completes the job card opened for the jobs undertaken and ensures closure of the same.
- Keeping in safe custody all spare parts and materials of the jobs in progress.
- Ensures the safety and cleanliness of documentation under own jurisdiction e.g. job cards, requisition books etc.
- Adhere to the health and safety legal standards on the workplace as provided by the Act.
- Ensures proper usage of personal protective equipment at all times while undertaking duties.
- Handing over all the works and assignments to the supervisor or any other person in charge while leaving for off or leave.
To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteria
- Education: Minimum ‘Secondary’ level education with professional certificates such as GTT 1 in plumbing and fitting.
- Experience: At least five years relevant experience in a busy water drilling and installation workshop and working with drilling machines, water pumps and generators
- Key skills and qualities: Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high sense of personal initiative, Keen & fast learner, good communicator, a good team player.
- Masonry skills will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
The Dog Handler will report to the “In Charge – Dog Section” in the Armed Security Unit and the posted departments’ supervisor/Head.
The Dog Handler will be responsible for ensuring the speedy recovery of stolen or lost company and or community property and the apprehension of intruders and suspected criminals using tracker, search and assault dogs; Ensuring the safety, security and proper cleaning and feeding of the dogs and undertaking continuous training of the dogs so as to effectively carry out their duties. The handler will operate in an efficient & effective manner, according to the company policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteria: –
Education: Minimum Qualification: Secondary level education.
- Experience: Previous experience as a dog handler will be an added advantage. A demonstrated passion for Dogs and with a clean disciplinary and performance record.
- Have a certificate of good conduct.
- Key skills and qualities: Ability to work under minimum supervision, Keen & fast learner, good communicator, confident, presentable and a good team player. Knowledge in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Between the age of 20 to 30 years.
Method of Application
Anyone who wishes to be considered for either of these positions is requested to submit their application letters (Clearly stating the community area they hail from) to the Head of Human Capital by Wednesday, 9th June 2021.
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag,
Or send an email to [email protected] with the mail subject as:-
NOTE: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.