Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It als...
Read more about this company
The Market Risk Unit is a key unit that supports the Treasury functions across the Group in their day to day duties of optimizing on shareholder wealth within Bank approved risk appetite in line with the Group strategy in force.
The Group maintains an established Market Risk Framework that guides the management of Market, Liquidity and Country Risk. Market Risk Department articulate standards for defining, measuring and communicating market, liquidity and country risk. This enables development of a common language and consistent framework for Market, Liquidity and Country Risk management across the KCB Group.
The position will support coordination of the Group’s market risk and asset and liability management. This includes the identification and evaluation of market, liquidity and country risks across the Group, development of the respective risk policies including providing support to the Business units in risk return analytics and maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and Market Risk System.
- Maintenance, development and customization of market risk and asset and liability management policies, procedures and controls for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Management of the daily monitoring and reporting of market and liquidity risk exposure against limits and reporting of breaches as per policy and understanding and reporting on underlying reasons for market changes and their impact on risk and market value.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and market risk system across the Group.
- Validation and maintenance of pricing and value at risk models for both current and new Treasury products as they are introduced including back testing.
- Supervise and continuously improve the daily, monthly and quarterly market risk reporting including analysis and commentary as additional information becomes available with the implementation of the market risk system across the Group.
- Production of risk versus return analysis for the respective Treasury products to obtain optimal market risk portfolio, risk-transfer strategies which ensure compliance with the risk tolerance and maximise economic value.
- Utilization of statistical forecasting techniques to predict movements in market factors and use this information to develop meaningful scenarios and stress tests for scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Modelling of deposits for use in management of liquidity and interest rate risk in the banking book and Basel III implementation.
- Development of criteria for allocating market risk-based economic capital to business and trading units
- Providing support and training the junior market risk analysts across the Group.
- Profit & loss attribution analysis, price verification and liaison with Finance and Treasury on P&L reconciliation of reported results.
- Support the MTM process by ensuring that the MTM sources are updated and reflective of market rates/prices.
- Establish and maintain control framework to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, BASEL requirements, Codes, and applicable external laws and regulations.
- Contribute towards development of the Group’s strategic risk management capability and risk/return assessments and benchmarks.
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE preferably in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a relevant field. MBA degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in ACI, PRM, FRM, CRA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a Treasury Unit role of a Bank or Market Risk.
- Comprehensive understanding of Treasury products.
- Some understanding and command of SQL programming language or prior experience with database management especially oracle or SQL Servers.
- Leadership competencies in Operational Decision making and Strategic Planning
- Good management skills including organizational, presentation & communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Should have high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers. Be open-minded and have the ability to identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated high integrity and team spirit.
go to method of application »
Card issuing contributes a critical role in the current E-channel offering within the bank. Cards offer a pivotal driver in the Banks agenda to drive the digital strategy. The current agenda, which has notably taken off, is to drive utilization of funds from source having witnessed a successful migration of customers from banking halls to the ATMs in the past 2 decades. In addition to offering convenient channels, card issuance contributes to the key revenue drivers of the bank including interest income, NFI and FX through the array of card product offering in Credit, Prepaid and Debit products. The Senior Manager will create and execute a cohesive strategic card product plan that optimizes debit and prepaid card issuance, activation & utilization and credit card portfolio performance.
- Development and implementation of strategies necessary to achieve a sustained growth in revenues & profitability through the card business.
- Retain and enhance business relationships from existing and potential customer base through delivery of excellent customer experiences.
- Develop, market and monitor the Cards business, with the aim of ensuring that the Bank remains competitive and keeps track with dynamic digital/Card/Channel environment.
- Direct involvement in overall business strategy, tactics, and objectives necessary to deliver on Channel Business expectations. Include strategy management planning events, regular one-to-one discussions with peer senior managers.
- Lead and develop an effective team through training. Communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Manager Risk and Compliance, ensuring adequate compliance resources, risk mitigation and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Create and implement well-orchestrated action plans including engagement with regulators. Knowledge of all regulatory changes and operational environment and assures compliance with current regulations.
- Develop budgets to ensure cost containment.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Possession of professional qualifications in Sale and Marketing will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Card Issuing role
- At least 4 years’ experience in Card Sales and Services covering product development responsibilities
- Must have 4 years’ experience in a Visa & Mastercard Operations role
- Strong competencies in financial analysis and report writing skills is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
go to method of application »
Consumer credit is responsible for approval of consumer loans with the aim of ensuring proper credit risk appetite is maintained. It works closely with retail division, shared services division, and legal division with a focus on proper post approval criteria on the various loans are maintained.
To support the growth consumer loans portfolio by making quality credit decisions according to banks credit policy and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Assess and approve Credit Facilities within the allocated Lending Discretionary Limit
- Make recommendations /present credit papers to the Director Credit for any Credit Facility amounts falling above delegated discretion.
- Assess and grant authority for roll-out of check-off schemes within approved discretion and make recommendations to the Director Credit, for those of values exceeding the delegated limit.
- Ensure a collaborative approach to the Business/Credit functions’ partnership.
- Enforce efficient turnaround times (TAT) on Consumer loans in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Review Retail Consumer Loans policies on a continuous basis in line with sound risk management practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a good loan book through development of the Unit’s strategies that mitigate against credit risks, review exposures under the various schemes and products and keep migration of Consumer lending (Personal lending, Residential Mortgages, Car loans to customers, Staff loans etc.) to NPLs, to less than 3%.
- Develop and manage the Unit’s capabilities, Staff performance competencies, process controls and excellent service delivery system, to be measured through internal audit rating and both internal and external satisfaction survey indices.
- Manage the Unit’s annual Capex and OPEX budget.
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE. MBA degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in ACIB / AKIB will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of wide-ranging bank experience, having a minimum of 4 years’ Senior management level experience in Credit Administration, Credit Analysis, Debt Recovery and Lending related roles.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Managing large teams.
- Proven experience engaging with Banking Regulator, with demonstrated sound understanding of the regulatory environment including CBK Prudential Guidelines
- Demonstrable understanding of Business fundamentals and the financial services industry.
- Must have awareness of current business trends, risks, challenges and opportunities
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
go to method of application »
The DevOps Engineer will on a day-to-day basis work with software developers, system operators and administrators, IT operations staff and others to oversee and/or facilitate code releases & deployments on a Continuous Integration (CI)/ Continuous Deployment (CD) basis. He/She will have knowledge of and experience in the implementation and continuing support of cross platform build systems, continuous integration systems, automated testing, packaging systems, multiple branched environments, and source control integration.
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps transformation initiatives under the guidance of Enterprise Achitecture and the Technical delivery manager.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (e.g: Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, Gradle, etc.) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.).
- Work with the Development and Infrastructure teams in developing, building/packaging/deployment processes for new and existing
- Work with various IT teams to automate manual release/build related activities utilizing DevOps principles.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of code Repositories like Git, SVN
- Working with development and test engineers to generate automate testing plans and configurations using Selenium, SonarQube, JUNIT etc.
- Automation of test plans and deployment pipelines for various applications.
- Manage Image storage to ensure consistency and recoverability of the same as required.
- Development of process and procedures of code versions to ensure proper governance and security is always maintained within the enterprise.
- Working with stakeholders to select “fit for purpose tools” to be used in the DevOps orchestration/automation processes.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with hands on experience:
- Working in a busy environment with Software Build and Deployments.
- Developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD) using various tools like TeamCity, Jenkins/Bamboo, and Artifactory/Nexus as binary repository.
- Working with Source Code Management tools like GIT, Bitbucket, and TFS.
- Proficient in scripting & working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools like – Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.