Reports to: Project Coordinator.
To support community engagement activities, participant recruitment and retention activities for a research clinic team providing services to young and elderly in the general population.
- Work with the clinic team to identify and recruit eligible persons for study participation
- Identify and support activities aimed at maintaining high retention of study participants
- Conduct outreach activities in order to engage eligible participants
- Attend and participate in trainings, team/staff meetings, and other events as needed.
- Bring to the study teams’ attention any problems, challenges, observed in study activities
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Counseling, Social work, Nursing or Clinical Medicine from a recognized Institution
- Basic counseling
- Basic IT and social media skills
- Knowledge of non-communicable diseases care will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year experience with direct involvement in patient care or outreachespecially in non-communicable diseases clinics /centers
- Peer support, outreach and coordination an added advantage
- Should be familiar with the Ministry of Health systems
- The eligible candidates will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to sites within the Nairobi region and its environs.
Terms of Employment
Employment is a one-year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
go to method of application »
The Kenyan Medical Research Institute, Center for Global Health Research (KEMRI-CGHR), has been selected to participate in a seven country multi-center study that will quantify the burden of Shigella diarrhea among infants and young children in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia to inform future Shigella vaccine trials. KEMRI-CGHR working in collaboration with the Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents, and Children at the University of Washington and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will participate in the Enterics for Global Health (EFGH)-Shigella study. The EFGHShigella project represents an extension of the Global Enteric Multicenter Study (GEMS) and the Vaccine Impact Assessment on Diarrhea in Africa (VIDA). The project is pleased to announce the following vacant position(s):
Reports to: Study Coordinator
The Data manager will report to the study Coordinator and will carry out data management for the study.
The Data Manager will supervise Data Analysts, Data Specialist and Data Clerks working for the study.
The study will include sites at several hospitals and clinics in Siaya county.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics /Computer Sciences/ Information Technology or their equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics /Computer Sciences/ Information Technology will be will be an added advantage;
- Excellent analytical, Data management or programming skills
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience working with any one of the following analysis packages (SAS, STATA, SPSS, R)
- A least 2 years’ experience in a busy data processing, management and analysis
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, eg VB.Net, C++, Visual CE, Open Data Kit (ODK) etc,
- Experience in data processing and working with relational database systems such as SQL server, Ms Access, MySql, EPI Info etc
- Previous experience working in a Health and Demographic Surveillance System (HDSS) will be an added advantage
- Ability and willingness to learn additional skills on the job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design/development and management of relational databases using appropriate software
- Develop and design a functional system for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information for input into electronic databases.
- Develop/enhance information systems to capture, transmit, store, retrieve, manipulate and display information with accompanying Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop a system that ensures data safety and integrity at all times and ensuring data backups and security.
- Develop computer data dictionaries based on the questionnaires before and after field work (data collection)
- Conduct/ supervise data entry, cleaning , merging , appending and statistical analysis for the project
- Program, debug, and run a variety of scheduled and ad hoc data analyses, listings, summaries, statistics, labels, and other electronic and/or presentation reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one-year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months
go to method of application »
Reports to: Study Coordinator
To deliver quality nursing and counseling services to study participants enrolled in a wide range of HIV and STI related clinical studies at PHRD
- Conduct clinical management
- Specifically provide reproductive health inclusive of contraceptive services
- Provide HIV testing and counselling to study participants enrolled in clinical trials
- Conduct procedures required as per research protocol in compliance with good clinical practice
- Education and Professional training
- At least Diploma in Nursing (KRN/KRCHN)
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Team player
- Excellent Communication and people skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work without supervision
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a nurse in a busy health facility
- At least one (1) year experience working in a busy HIV care clinic
- Experience providing reproductive health services
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: [email protected] not later than 6th January,2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.