At Meru County Microfinance Corporation, our mission is to reduce poverty through offering financial and business development services that are customer focused, efficiently and professionally administered.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Business Development Officer shall beresponsible for generating credit business, Credit appraisal, documentationand loan recovery in order to minimize non-performing loans.
- A University degree in a Business-related field;
- Diploma in Credit Management/CPA 11 will be added advantage;
- At least 4 years’ experience in an MFI or a financial institution
- Proactively grow the credit business in the assigned area, in compliance with existing Corporation credit policies and other relevant regulations;
- Authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the KYC requirements and any other requirements as required by the Corporation and by the regulator;
- Appraisal of customer loan applications and make recommendations;
- Ensure recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans;
- Assist in restructuring of debts in the interest of the corporation and customer; Assist in the grading and classification of loan accounts;
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for procurement of goods and services for the Corporation in accordance with the relevant laws, manage physical facilities and outsourced services.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline;
- Postgraduate qualifications in Supply Chain Management.
- At least four (4) years’ work experience in procurement.
- Formulation, review, and implementation of procurement policies and procedures;
- Participating in the prequalification of suppliers;
- Reviewing LPOs prior to dispatch;
- Sourcing goods and services through tenders or any other approved method;
- Maintaining of suppliers list and other relevant records as per established policies and procedures;
- Participating in planning and forecasting supplies requirements;
- Preparing accurate and timely reports
- Ensuring effective and efficient stationery stock control;
- Posting of stationery issues and receipts into the ledger;
- Suppliers evaluation in relation to delivery lead times;
- Overseeing the deliveries of all procured goods and services;
- Ensuring timely distribution of supplies as per requisitions received from users;
- Addressing problems related to undelivered LPOs and services and escalating complex issues to the supervisor;
- Act as the Secretary to the Tender Evaluation Committee;
- Drafting letters of offer/contracts Implementing awards;
- Preparing tender documents for long term supply contracts;
- Handling suppliers and other stakeholders inquiries;
- Managing relationship with, and performance of contracted service providers of the corporation;
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
If you fulfil the above requirements, please send your application to the undersigned including a cover letter, CV, ID, testimonials, a day time telephone number, email address and three referees. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Corporations Head Office Reception, County Mansionette Building 1st floor upon signing a delivery at that office.
MERU COUNTY MICROFINANCE CORPORATION,
P.O BOX 2564-60200,
Meru County Microfinance Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should seek clearance from
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Commission for Higher Education; for those with certificates from Private and foreign Universities