Working with the Manager for P&C Readiness, change and Communications, this role will provide readiness, change management, and communications support for People & Culture (P&C) initiatives and projects, ensuring that the needs of P&C internal clients and centres of expertise (COEs) are met and that client/COE communications are aligned with the overall P&C Priorities, Global Communications standards, and World Vision’s strategy. This role will provide change and communications planning and implementation, analysis, writing, editing, video production/editing, and branding advice as needed. Provide intranet (SharePoint) administration for People & Culture as guided by team. Support content planning and story gathering/development for various P&C communications channels.
- Develop and integrate communications plans with key messages, target audiences and tactics identified to support the P&C operations, priorities and projects carried out by P&C internal clients, COEs and other stakeholders.
- Engage with P&C internal clients, which may include both standing teams and project groups, to identify, develop and maintain a clear understanding of the clients’ purpose, objectives and critical success factors, as well as communication needs, platforms, and methods to support these teams and projects. Identify and resolve challenges as needed to improve communications with P&C audiences.
- Actively collaborate in the implementation of the communications plans, which includes producing communications pieces (written, printed, banners, teasers, website design and maintenance, research, etc.)
- Hands-on communications project support, including, but not limited to, managing, hosting and supporting of possible webinars, training sessions, fireside chats, video recording, etc.
- Integrate change management methodology and activities into communications and/or project plans that support the implementations and initiatives of People & Culture in coordination with internal clients, COEs and other stakeholders.
- Influence and maintain rapport with internal clients through continuous collaboration, responding to requests, arranging proactive meetings and resolving concerns related to change management.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and make recommendations to mitigate change-related risks/concerns, identify change agents and execute proposed plans, etc.
- Conduct change readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings. Share the results with key stakeholders and offer counsel to develop and apply action plans.
Content Planning, Development and Analysis:
- Prepare, tailor and edit internal communications content for various audiences that reinforce P&C Priorities, P&C initiatives and operations, and World Vision’s strategy and brand, including written, print and digital material such as announcements, articles for Global and P&C communications channels, training documents, guides, presentations, intranet pages/sites, infographics, etc.
- Source and/or create content for the P&C newsletter, Global Communications channels, periodical reports, P&C announcements, videos, podcasts, photos, and any other piece of communication needed. This includes story gathering through interviews and research, etc.
- Source communications services as needed, internally or externally, including graphic design, video, interactive media, etc.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of current P&C communications mechanisms/channels. Provide recommendations on how improvements and innovations can be made. Develop new/refreshed mechanisms as needed for targeted P&C audiences.
- Ensure compliance with WV Brand standards.
- Build relationships and a regular line of communication with P&C internal clients, COEs, Global Marketing and Communications, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in team meetings and other briefing and planning meetings as appropriate.
Intranet / P&C Rhythm of the Business Support:
- Engage with clients regarding needs for intranet content, such as team or project worksites, pages or sites for intranet content, posting of announcements, documents and other content to support P&C project needs – both in wvcentral and in related websites, internal or external to WV.
- Gather requirements, design and develop intranet sites, subsites and pages with WV’s intranet (wvcentral) in SharePoint.
- Regularly review P&C wvcentral content and make changes/improvements based on the needs of internal clients, other stakeholders and staff.
- Maintain the P&C Rhythm of the Business Calendar and ensuring updates are shared with P&C Practitioners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least three years working in a related field in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, preferably in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong understanding of change management and communications tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated relationship building and networking skills.
- Ability to synthesise information into cohesive content.
- Offer input on issues and challenge the status quo/conventional wisdom.
- Rich media experience – intranets, video production/editing, podcasts.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related client-services field, or equivalent work experience.
- World Vision Change Management Certification or equivalent.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Technical proficiency in video production/editing, photo editing.
- Technical proficiency in SharePoint (2013) administration and web content development.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
go to method of application »
Purpose of Position
To provide Programmatic and Technical support to field staffs implementing Maternal, Neonatal and Child health (MNCH) Project toward the attainment of child-well-being outcomes and donor requirements.
The position will also serve the role of Resource Acquisition for Health as well as Advocacy, Networking and Engagement with Strategic & New Partnerships Development within the Health sector as well as ensuring existing donor retention.
To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others
Programmatic and technical support for MNCH 30%
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of health grants and sponsorship projects
- In liaison with field staff, ensure timely development and implementation of work plans and budgets for the health grants
- Ensure project implementation is in line with donor guidelines, timelines and targets
- Ensure all MNCH interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets
- Provide programmatic support to WVK regional offices based on their need
- Oversee integration of MNCH into WASH interventions for increased impact
- Maintain relationship with donors and respective Ministry of Health Divisions
- In liaison with procurement and finance ensure timely procurement of program items
- Support Health interventions during emergencies.
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning processes 25%
- Ensure project work plans, progress reports are shared with donor as per approved agreement
- Provide technical support during Health Surveys/evaluations, baselines and assessment to ensure quality check with methodology, tools and the entire process.
- Ensure Health project designs and/ or re- designs are done in accordance with donor guidelines, standards, WV standards and Health programming strategies and GoK guidelines while responding to community needs and contexts.
- Ensure both financial and program reports are in line with donor policies and reporting guidelines and are submitted to the donor as per agreed timelines
- Provide technical support to ensure that findings from project assessments and evaluations inform the subsequent programme designs
- Coordinate implementation research within the various projects, documentations and publications
- Ensure project documentation, reflection and learning to ensure achievement of project objectives and shared with donor, MoH and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate establishment of an effective M&E system for the project by integrating/mainstreaming with existing systems including KHIS.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of health projects using the set standards and utilization of MOH tools.
- Ensure proper, adequate and quality record/document filing as per standard operating procedures including M-Drive repository
Fundraising and proposal development 20%
- Participate in engagement for fundraising purposes
- Participate in proposal writing as per call
- Strive to scale existing projects by enhancing every existing opportunity
- Support fundraising initiatives by providing information on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health to the Resource Acquisition and Management department
Capacity Building 15%
- In collaboration with field staff and MOH carry out capacity assessment gaps and plan capacity building for project staff
- Capacity building of Project staff on integration of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Project activities
- Support induction of new project staff
- Work with County MOH to conduct training and support supervision to targeted groups on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health projects empowerment and sustainability training sessions.
- Support Health team in analysing and interpreting Health data for programmatic use.
- Review and build capacity of project staff to ensure quality reporting
Donor and Partner Engagement 5%
- Lead constant, consistent and quality donor communications, engagement and updates
- Ensure WVK visibility and participation in the respective Technical working groups, Interagency Coordinating Committees and other networks at National level.
- Maintain coordination with relevant stakeholders who are crucial in the implementation of the projects
- Ensure documentation and project learning are disseminated to relevant stakeholders
Other duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Public Health, Nursing, Clinical medicine, Community health or related field.
- A Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of successfully designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Maternal Neonatal and Child health in development projects.
- Experience on specific MNCH that may include but not limited to EPI, FP, Malaria, HIV&AIDS and TB
- Experience with Kenya Health Information System is an added advantage
- Additional training in monitoring and evaluation of health projects will be an added advantage;
- First-hand experience health programming in complex emergencies is an added advantage
- Good understanding of Ministry of Health Structures at National and County levels.
- Experience implementing Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Interventions
- Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and people’s groups, state institutions etc.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure
- Sensitive to multi-cultural differences
- Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills and understanding of knowledge management approaches and mechanisms
- Excellent presentation skills
- Flexible, team player and result oriented