AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. We encourage and enable individuals and communities to harness their own resources for securing the basic necessities of life and for gaining greater economic, social and spiritual fulfillment, while ho...
Read more about this company
Reporting to the DREAMS Senior Program Officer, the Economic Strengthening assistant is responsible for supporting the DREAMS economic strengthening activities which include supporting Local Market Assessment, rollout, monitoring and supporting youth savings groups, provision of start-up kits, enrolment of youth on apprenticeship and vocational training in addition to linkage to employment and internship; ensuring quality of intervention meets the project objectives. He/she will support DREAMS to conduct sensitization meetings on economic strengthening initiatives, engagement of local actors and preparing monthly project performance reports.
Project Coordination and Supervision
- Works with the program associates to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures implementation of the plans and prudent utilization of resources.
- Holds regular feedback meetings and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Conducts support supervision visits to project beneficiaries ensuring that beneficiaries are adequately provided with needed support.
- Continually communicates to the SPO DREAMS and program associates on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
- Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with Community leaders as well with other OVC and youth actors to promote economic strengthening initiatives and market Tujitegemee project.
Service delivery to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
- Conduct market assessment to identify market-led opportunities available for vulnerable groups and AGYW and stakeholders and community resources mapping.
- Work with project team to link AGYW not in school to relevant empowerment programs e.g. CAP YEI
- Work with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of AGYW and their households to GOK cash transfers, economic strengthening programs, Internship, Apprenticeship and other support.
- Work with GoK departments and county government departments to offer extension services to strengthen the capacity of farmer groups, positive parenting groups, YSLA/VSLA groups and peer to peer support groups.
- In collaboration with local administrators identify, enroll and monitor youth enrolled on vocational, apprenticeship, employment, internship and income opportunities. Train and mentor program associates to deliver services to OVC caregivers and AGYW. These services shall include but not limited to trainings on YSLA/VSLA, Financial Capability Training (FCT), entrepreneurship training.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conduct structured support supervisions and checks to AGYW startups, VSLA/YSLA groups and other AGYW economic strengthening initiatives at the community.
- Participate in data review meetings together with the project team and other stakeholders to ensure effective data entry, analysis, reporting and accountability for results.
- Support project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in Economic strengthening initiatives.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly reporting to the SPO DREAMS and HES.
- Diploma in business administration, community development, agriculture and other related disciplines.
- Previous experience working with decentralized, community-based projects
- Previous experience with savings group programming is preferred
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to be based in the field and to travel long distances
- Fluency in one or more languages of the operating area
- Good community mobiliser and facilitator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
- Valid motorcycle permit
go to method of application »
AMURT is implementing a 5 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and DREAMS project in Kilifi and Mombasa. The project seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in alignment with Kenya’s HIV and child protection policy frameworks, Kenya national action plan for children 2015-2022 and Kenya minimum OVC Quality service standards.
Purpose of position
Responsible for the organization, maintenance, updating of OVC and DREAMS databases and management information systems including CPIMS, DATIM, DREAMS and other database systems to generate quality report.
Data management (Data collection, Validation, analysis, aggregation and interpretation)
- Provide technical oversight to data collection and collation activities for the Project.
- Ensure that all Tujitegemee Databases and information systems are updated on a timely basis with quality data.
- Run relevant reports from the different databases and systems and provide indicator reports for project use.
- Provide guidance in data analysis using appropriate statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Advanced excel among others) and consolidate data factsheets for use during learning forums, reporting and management decision making.
- Ensure verification, validation, review of results reported and presentation of findings
- Provide guidance in the filling and storage of data in recommended document libraries/platforms (both online and physical as required)
- Led the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning including gathering of GIS coordinates for project site locations and development of service maps.
Project Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Systems Set up
- Take lead in the development of the MEAL plan in liaison with the MEAL specialist
- Provide leadership in the implementation of a data management plan to ensure optimal project data quality, authenticity and accuracy including periodic data quality assessments, data cleaning and verification before reporting to the donor.
- In collaboration with the technical team help to develop data collection tools/ templates and other monitoring tools
- Support the digitization of all data collection tools and questionnaires during periodic surveys.
- Develop a system (both manual and digital) to track and manage community defined indicators and feedback received from the community feedback and accountability mechanisms
- Provide guidance in the review and implementation of data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids, templates and SOPs.
- Lead the establishment and operationalization of a digital data management system and beneficiary tracking and graduation system and databases for OVC and AGYW as appropriate
- Lead the roll out and ensure proper functioning of the CPIMS, DATIM, the DREAMs Database and other project data solutions.
- Identify any system issues, support trouble shooting and maintenance of the systems.
- Lead review, and strengthen capacity of DCS, and LIPs to effectively collect, store, retrieve, use, and transmit data to inform program decisions.
- Coordinate the development of system related capacity building plans for staff and partners.
- Capacity building of project staff and partners on database use, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Facilitate data validation in technical working groups and during learning and reflection forums
- Provide guidance on partner/stakeholder data and information sharing and dissemination protocols for authorized data as stipulated in partnership agreements
- Facilitate the use of project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices
Collaboration and Partner engagements 5%
- Participate and represent Tujitegemee project in data management technical working groups, including CPIMS technical working group.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Data management, Computer Science/Information technology, Information Systems Management, or related field; a relevant master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics or related field; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience in project-level data management, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases. Master s will be an added advantage.
- Minimum six years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and MEAL experience in “OVC/DREAMS” with USAID and other multilateral donor funded projects is an added advantage
- Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and current approaches in MEAL.
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info. and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R)
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience in DATIM, DHIS & CPIMS, including knowledge of OVC MER indicators and data collection tools is mandatory.
- Experience in using mobile-data collection and management software (e.g. ODK, Commcare, I-form builder, Kobo, RR collect) is required
- Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access; and high-level IT skills including computer programming
- Skills in developing project M&E databases desired.
- Ability to work with large datasets.
- Ability to work and deliver under intense pressure.
go to method of application »
Tujitegemee is a five-year program under Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) funded by USAID PEPFAR to implement OVC & DREAMS Programs in coastal region counties of Kilifi and Mombasa by Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) and its consortium partners (HFG, WOFAK, KWETU and CIPK. Tujitegemee aims at increasing access and Demand for Quality HIV Prevention Services and increasing access to Quality Health and Social Services for OVC and their Families. For this role, preference will be given to qualified AGYW in the program.
- Ensure that all final data is compliant with all DREAMS reporting requirements before entering it into the database and filing.
- Enter approved, correct data into the DREAMS database per set time frames to meet reporting requirements.
- Conduct basic identification of data quality gaps and guide the data clerks accordingly.
- Conduct monthly verification of source documents.
- Ensure all AGYW files are complete with all the documentation and ensure filing is done according to the SOP.
- Provide weekly performance data, analysis and discuss with the program team.
- Support the M&E team in SIMS and PEPFAR/OGAC site visit preparations by conducting DQA checks.
- Provide feedback on data submission processes to ensure processes are streamlined and required information is being submitted per set time frames.
- Conduct regular reviews of program data to enable the team to identify whether targets are being met and take immediate corrective actions.
- Execute data quality audits using DQA tools and ensure follow‐up is complete.
- Any other responsibility as will be assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have at least diploma in relevant field.
- Must have a certificate in computer with at least one-year experience in Data Entry.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35 years and be a resident.
- Must be very dependable and detail Oriented in matters concerning work
- Commitment to work to beat deadlines is a MUST!
- Experience in working with DREAMS database will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to [email protected] by 23rd June 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number ES/ASST /O6/2021 or DATA MANAGER /O6/2021 or DATA/ASST /O6/2021 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.