The Job holder is responsible for implementing of a high quality program including, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. They will ensure the practice and initialization of a culture of innovation and creativity in programs. The job holder will be expected to continually observe the day to day effectiveness of programme delivery, noting and reporting any areas where improvements are possible. This post also supports planning and design process.
- Support program planning processes by informing and supporting the program planning, designing and budgeting processes.
- Prepare and submit high quality reports.
- Collect, analyze and submit accurate Monitoring & Evaluation data.
- Line Manage Project Driver and 10 community Based Trainers Mobilizers (CBMTs)
- Networking and partnership development at Sub Office Level.
- Overall project management, including the development and execution of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) in line with the approved plans.
- Ensure plans are implemented according to approved budget and donor guidelines, and that BAK procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate ECD project activities implementation and use the information to improve project quality.
- Mobilize communities including caregivers, local leaders and other project partners/stakeholders towards project services provision and up-take.
- Analyze interventions’ results, and trends for sharing with Implementing Partners and stakeholders to enhance knowledge sharing.
- Timely preparation and submission of quality progress reports that meet BAK’s and donor requirements as stipulated in the contract.
- Ensure staff involved in project implementation adhere to BAK’s programming principles, procurement, administrative and financial policies.
- Organize and participate in project related trainings for project staff and beneficiaries at community and Sub-County levels.
- Pro-actively identify risks related to contract compliance and prescribe, implement and manage corrective actions.
- Participate in developing new projects in line with identified needs.
- Take lead in identification, analysis, documentation and dissemination of lesson leant, best practices and success stories from the project for
- Identify and inform the Programme Coordinator of potential program partnerships.
- Respect the needs and cultural sensitivities of the communities with whom BAK works and continually look for ways to make our interactions with communities more successful.
- Ensure that child protection issues are monitored in BAK’s program implementation
- Identify and inform the Programme Coordinator of any deviation from the work plan for remedial action to be taken (this is to include change of timelines, community contribution etc)
- Working with Community based trainers to ensure that community contribution is well documented and in time.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Capture evidence of program impact through identifying and writing success stories and capturing beneficiary voices.
- Capture, analyze M&E data and prepare reports – the position is also responsible for maintaining a reliable M&E database.
- 3. Representation and Other Tasks:
- Represent BAK at various fora as and when requested
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Programme Coordinator.
- Degree level qualification in Development or Social Science with minimum 4 years’ experience in ECD project design or any other relevant qualification.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), and donor contract management experience
- Experience working with pre-school children of age 3+ and caregivers.
- Demonstrated experience implementing programs with Non-Governmental Organizations
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, manages multiple priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Training and facilitation skills and experience are required.
- Team Player with excellent communication skills
- High level of credibility and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and report writing skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills.
- Ready to speak up and proactively raise issues
- Have Participatory Rural Appraisal skills Practical monitoring, review and evaluation skills
- Good report writing and computer skills.
- Strong line management skills
- Good training and facilitation skills.
- A good team player.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Knowledge of Child Safeguarding.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under harsh field conditions
go to method of application »
This role is being recruited for a 3 year contract**, effective February 2020**. The Project Driver is responsible for ensuring that staff under the project are transported safely to project locations, supports the activities under the project and provided security and logistical support during field work. The job holder shall ensure that programmes are implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner, to achieve high standard in programming. The position will be based in Gilgil, Nakuru as well as any other program locations.
- Offer logistical and transport support to the project teams.
- Ensure project vehicles are in good operational condition and keep the required catalogues.
Responsibilities and tasks
1. Perform daily, weekly, monthly transport duties.
· Drive BAK vehicles as shall be assigned by the Supervisor in a safe manner.
· The Driver will be responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition, windshield wipers, etc.
· The Driver shall always maintain assigned vehicles clean and in good condition, properly for the convenience of the Organizations’ operations.
· The driver shall handover the assigned vehicles by doing a comprehensive handover report before departing for leave/ off-duty.
2. Ensure safety of the vehicle /passengers /materials.
- Embrace ownership, caution and responsible behavior while driving to avoid any form of intoxication.
- Ensure safety of passengers on aboard BAK vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle first aid kit and fire extinguishers and other vehicle safety equipment are available and in good condition.
- He shall carry only authorized passengers as per the Organization policies
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Traffic Act, Laws of Kenya
- The driver shall always drive vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident.
3: Ensure all vehicles legal documentation or condition is met by the organization.
- Check validity of vehicle insurance covers, road license and Police inspection stickers.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is serviced as stipulated in the periodic servicing schedules.
- Report license expiry dates to the Supervisor on time to facilitate renewals.
- The Driver shall update vehicles logbook particulars by making right entries.
4: Reporting of accidents and incidents.
- Report immediately to the Police and Supervisor any incident or accident; not accepting liability on behalf of BAK.
- Present a comprehensive report to the management within 24 hours.
5: Other duties
- Carry out other office out-door messengerial duties.
- To assist in other duties such as typesetting, data entry, photocopying, scanning, and any other office errands as assigned by the supervisor when not undertaking driving duties
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Education: Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education and Valid Driving license class BCE
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
Certificate: Certificate of good conduct.
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Excellent time management skills
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine
- Good organizational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- Basic Computer Skills particularly Ms word and Ms Excel packages
- Able to work under harsh field conditions
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to [email protected] enclosing detailed CV and relevant testimonials by COB 20th January 2020.
NB: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of shortlisting process