Who you are: Are you over the moon about working with people, coaching, and ensuring quality and talent development? Then this may be your perfect role. You’ll be working closely with our dispatch team, operations team and founders to help us elevate our processes and work with our dispatch team to build the next level of service and quality in emergency response. You’ll be responsible for case reviews, training on new protocols, and evaluating outcomes of the team and individual dispatchers. You’ll work closely with the team developing the tech, new protocols, and systems for scale, helping to translate ideas into practice and helping to inspire progress and talent development.
Since you will help to shape new monitoring and evaluation systems, success metrics, and success strategy, a background in design, program development, systems deployment, user research, or coaching are a plus. You must be exceptionally comfortable with new technologies and innovation. More than anything, we’re looking for somebody who loves working with people, has killer empathy, team-building and communication skills, but is, deep down, a staunch perfectionist obsessed with quality and data-driven decision-making.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the tech, founder, ops, and dispatch teams to set goals and deploy new protocols, helping to coach teams for consistency, proactive communication, and continuous improvement of our services.
- Developing monitoring and evaluation systems for discovering insights, tracking progress, and engaging the team toward initiative goals.
- Listening, monitoring and reviewing dispatch calls made to and from our dispatch center to generate insights and improve protocols.
- Review performance through call recordings and transcriptions, using and improving our metrics for success.
- Identify areas for process or skills improvement within our dispatch team.
- Train and coach dispatchers on service, quality, and protocol adherence.
Basic requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following: training, coaching, talent development, evaluations, monitoring, systems design, or product or tech design.
- Demonstrated abilities working closely with people in a diverse, growing and evolving team, with a proven track record of inspiring and engaging others toward collaborative work in a positive and supportive environment.
- Outstanding leadership, mediation, and communication skills.
- Top-notch listening and speed-typing skills.
- Fluent in Swahili and able to translate into English.
Things that will make you stand out:
- Previous roles in training, coaching, and professional development.
- Previous experience in the service industry, tourism, client management, or another human-focused and customer-focused role.
go to method of application »
Who you are: You are a design, tech, product, or operations professional who loves research and problem solving. You have a passion for designing innovative systems that improve outcomes and make a real difference. You must have a strong background in systems or product design or development and proven experience building amazing things that work - and work well. You are proficient in design methodologies, industry best practices, and systems for tracking outcomes, testing, and user research. You are thoughtful, creative, and methodical. We are looking for candidates well-versed in the latest technologies and innovations in design practice, tech, electronics, programming, engineering, AI, machine learning - candidates well-versed in designing for the future.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, prototype, and iterate on protocols and tactical strategy for continuous improvement in response quality and efficacy.
- Work with dispatchers to test and iterate on designs.
- Participate in and contribute to product design and systems planning to deploy and incorporate protocols into the tech platform.
- Research and evaluate international best practices for dispatch protocols, as well as protocol adherence, systems utilization, and initiative deployment in our 24/7 dispatch center through in-person observations and call reviews, participation, and engagement with the dispatch team and company leadership.
- Think far outside of the box to design for quality, for patients, and for the future of emergency response.
Basic requirements for the role
- 7+ years work experience in design, research, product, technology, or another creative & technical field.
- Experience designing protocols, processes and procedures in a fast-paced or challenging operational environment.
Things that will make you sand out:
- Background in designing protocols or processes for high-intensity environments or unique challenges.
- Experience working at a start-up or tech company.
- Project or work samples showing innovation, grit, and rigorous application of design thinking, creative uses of technology, or measurable outcomes toward concrete goals.