Jacaranda Health is a social enterprise and operates as a 501(c)3 in the US. Our mission is to transform maternal health care in East Africa and make pregnancy and childbirth safer for women and newborns. If you are interested in donating or partnering with Jacaranda Health, please visit our Donate page.
Jacaranda’s staff is made up of professional...
Read more about this company
Jacaranda Health Solutions Limited is seeking an experienced HR consultant to review existing HR policies and procedures.
ABOUT JACARANDA HEALTH SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Jacaranda Health is a non-profit organization focused on ensuring that all women and their families have access to affordable, high quality and patient-centered maternal and newborn healthcare. Jacaranda Health’s non-profit arm partners with government facilities to adapt tools for impact in the public sector. Our program partnerships with public facilities have grown from 3 facilities in 2015, to 200 facilities serving over 250,000 women and babies across 7 countries in 2020. We currently run two large programs which focus on increasing health-seeking behavior amongst pregnant women/new moms through digital health (“PROMPTS”) and improving provider knowledge and skills to handle emergency obstetrics through a mentor model (“MENTORS”). Jacaranda has research and design components within each of these programs. Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details
SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The key tasks of the consultancy will be
- Review and recommend standard template for employment contract for different terms of employment,
- Review the current Performance Management process to reflect the current market trends,
- Review the current salary structure and recommend; a salary band, that highlights standard job titles, Job Grades, and requirements for movement from one Job Grade and Pay Grade to another,
- We would like to have a salary increment attached to performance evaluation. Design and recommend an increment scale attached to the performance evaluation score,
The consultant will provide the following
- Standard employment contract templates for, employment for service and employment of service,
- Standard performance evaluation process and the accompanying templates,
- Training employees on the performance evaluation process,
- Standard salary structure that takes into account the above requirements,
- A salary increment structure that is guided by the performance evaluation scores,
DURATION AND TIMELINES
The consultant will begin on 22nd February and end on 22nd March 2021. Before the commencement of work, the consultant will be required to submit a detailed work plan.
SUPERVISION AND GUIDANCE
The Consultant will be expected to be self-motivated and able to work independently. Supervision and support will be provided by the Human Resources Coordinator and Director of Operations. The HRC will provide a general induction to the consultancy work, relevant documents, and information required.
SUPERVISION AND GUIDANCE
- Bachelor degree in business administration with a major certificate in HR,
- Post-graduate diploma in HR including CHRP-K would be an asset,
- At least five years’ experience in human resources, including development of human resource policies and procedures in NGOs,
- Availability to fulfil the role and tasks within the stipulated time frame,
- Experience in undertaking human resources evaluations,
- Experience in Performance evaluation, Salary bands, contract management,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Standard employment contract templates – 20%
- Standard performance evaluation process and the accompanying templates – 20%
- Training employees on the performance evaluation process – 20%
- A salary increment structure that is guided by the performance evaluation scores – 20%
- Standard salary structure – 20%
go to method of application »
Jacaranda Health is seeking a talented individual for the role of a Project coordinator on Service Delivery Redesign (SDR) Project. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting in managing the day-to-day operational affairs of a collaborative project led by Jacaranda Health, a County Health Management Team and an external research partner. The project will explore and implement options for redesigning elements of Maternal and Neonatal health service delivery, with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for mothers and babies. The project will involve the participation of multiple stakeholders – County government, community structures, health implementation partners and research teams.
Location: Kakamega County, Kenya, with 10% travel to Nairobi.
Reports to: Project Manager, Service Delivery Redesign
Preferred start date: March 25, 2021
- Support the project planning and implementation schedule and work streams, including activity planning, risk management, change management, and status reporting
- Support the functions of a Project Governance Committee
- Support the project manager to respond to requests by providing precise information and in a timely manner
- Manage projects relationships through coordination of project communications with key internal and external stakeholders including contracting and due diligence checks
- In liaison with the Jacaranda operations team; support the administrative component of the project to establish all operational needs for the project (recruitment, project finances, logistics etc.)
- Support the M&E component by collecting project data for monitoring and evaluation/reporting purposes
- Support teams to smoothly deploy programs and solutions and identification of growth opportunities
- Organize booking events , programme meetings, project launches, conferences, trainings and arrange for donor visits to field offices including collation of reports
- Support in the execution of Project Management duties including; drafting documents on program implementation i.e. memos, letters, assessment reports and note taking
- Develop and manage the project documentation including archival and retrieval procedures for all projects reports
- Degree or Diploma in Social sciences with preference to Project Management.
- Proven experience in project management support especially with generating templates, work plans, drafting reports and succinct communications
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling both internal and external stakeholders
- At least 2 years previous experience of coordinating work streams in a similar environment
- Great interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization, make a difference, and build a rewarding long-term career.
This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, based in Kakamega County
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested candidates should follow directions in our HireHive application platform and provide
- Profile, not more than 3 pages,
- Cover Letter: Please only explain how your background and experiences make you the most suitable candidate, no other information is required here,
- Three reference who can testify on your behalf
Please note that we are unable to respond to applicants who have not been selected for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply soonest since applications are reviewed and processed on a rolling basis until a hire is made.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.