This position is responsible for organizing, leading, and executing the implementation of RSC Africa’s various special projects within the Administration division. The position would improve coordination of Administration projects minimizing duplication of efforts which will increase productivity and better time delivery for routine tasks and projects.
This position reports directly to the RSC Africa Deputy Director for Administration (DDA)
A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Project Management, Social Sciences or a relevant course; Master’s degree is preferred
Five (5) years of relevant paid work experience is required; preferably in an international organization.
- Demonstrated institutional knowledge of RSC Africa and USRAP processing
- Excellent results–driven project management skills
- Resilient self–starter who takes ownership of projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working across diverse geographies and cultures (advantageous)
go to method of application »
Level:Level 1 Manager
This position is responsible for overseeing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Field Processing activity at RSC Africa. This includes managing workflow within the Pre-screening and Adjudications teams and collaborating with other program departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed.
This position supervises Senior Caseworkers and Caseworkers.
This position reports to a Field Processing Manager.
- Ensures all refugee case processing functions within the Field Processing Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for processing of refugees eligible for the US Refugee Admissions Program in sub-Saharan Africa and specifically ensures their designated SOP is up to date and adhered to.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct field processing activities including pre-screening, AOR screening, visa interviews and adjudications functions.
- Conducts job function observations of field processing staff to ensure compliance is met and identify any areas of improvement or training needs.
- Identifies and assists with regular process reviews to compare requirements vs. current processing and outputs.
- Travels to field locations to monitor processing, conduct performance evaluations and meet with partners and vendors.
- Facilitates DNA testing for P3 applicants as needed.
Data Management and Analysis
- Ensures RSC circuit rides are planned, revised and updated as needed until confirmed, and staff are prepared while ensuring all functions are completed in the most operationally responsible manner.
- Closely monitor the movement of cases through the Pre-USCIS pipeline, ensuring cases are being processed and presented according to USRAP priorities.
- Acts as the point person for staff inquiries relating to processing a case.
- Develops reports and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency as well as their use.
- Establishes effective communication systems regarding data and ensures reports are accurate and efficient.
- Assists with annual plan and strategic planning goals as communicated by the Field Processing Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Leads circuit rides and ensures all logistics are effective and are meeting the goals of the planned circuit ride.
- Ensures partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
- Represents organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to Field Processing staff, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- Develops and implement training modules for Field Processing staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensure that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
- Trains Senior Caseworks and Caseworkers on their essential job duties.
- Ensures that QCs are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other departments.
- Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Ensures establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.
- Develops performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.
- Evaluates and assesses training needs of Field Processing and takes the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.
- Monitors staff time and attendance.
- Monitors and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensures staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
- Ensures the deployment of Field Processing staff and resources to ensure timely flow of cases, in coordination with Programs Management.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Five years USRAP experience is desirable.
- One-year supervisory experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database is an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
The Field Team Supervisor must have the ability to:
- supervise field staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- travel as needed in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
- pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
- maintain a job knowledge assessment score of 80% or higher, demonstrated through semi-annual assessments;
- accurately type 40 WPM at 96% accuracy;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of multiple projects at the same time;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- manage leave forms, cash advances and report expenses accurately;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Africa;
- be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment. A valid U.S. passport and the ability to maintain a valid U.S. passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in Kenya. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
go to method of application »
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance of the organization’s computer, network systems, helpdesk management and assisting individual staff with resolving computer software and hardware problems(staff support).The position requires flexibility, initiative and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people.
This position reports directly to the IT Support Supervisor.
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP,DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for RSC Africa
- Mans the helpdesk and categorizes, prioritizes, assigns and escalates IT requests as needed
- Responds to help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, and provides first line support
- Escalates and follows helpdesk requests to other IT staff per CWS and RSC policies and standard operating procedures
- Plans for and delivers IT training to RSC staff
- Works with the IT Support Supervisor in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs
- Conducts field processing circuit ride servers preparation, deployment and remote staff support
- Collaborates with and supports the two sub office IT staff in their tasks and various projects
- Travels to remote locations for equipment and staff support
- Working with the IT Senior specialists on various tasks and projects
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field is required; other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
- 2years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
- Two years’ experience in managing and maintaining computer networks,preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.