We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) organization. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the role holder is accountable for overall VGE relationship management for one or more of VGE global clients. The role is focused to manage global customer relationship for VGE accounts aligning operating companies, affiliates and partners and to drive profitable and long-term revenue contribution, customer satisfaction and increased market share from integrated product, service, converged/unified communications and mobile solution offerings.
The Global Account Manager leads a client-focused team which includes the National Account Managers in the different VGE regions, commercial solution and service functions depending upon the size of the Client and the complexity of their relationship with VGE.
- Ensures delivery of all financial targets including revenue, connections for voice and data, market share and net margin contribution, as well as responsible for the delivery of the P&L
- Responsible for developing and implementing a clear strategic account plan
- Establishes appropriate relationships with Vodafone customers and leverages those relationships to win new business.
- Introduces new products and propositions to key decision makers within the customer through relationship and stakeholder management at C level within all key customers. Understands up front through engagement at the right business level the customer’s strategic and operational issues.
- Works with OpCo corporate sales areas and customer Fulfilment and delivery areas to ensure that international and national strategies are aligned, complementary and deliver to customers
- Responsible for driving multi product penetration increasing revenue from the account.
- Degree in Business or Commerce or a business-related discipline form a recognized University. An MBA is an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the Telecommunications/IT industry in a Sales/Customer engagement role
- Track record of global accounts/ enterprise solution selling within multi-national companies
- Demonstrated the ability to lead and manage an international virtual and distributed team
- Deep understanding of the customer’s business, it’s market and industry alongside key decision-makers and influencers in account organisation
- Manage global customer relationship up to C-Level
- Ability to translate customer’s objectives and strategy into relevant VGE propositions
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven track record of result working in a multi-cultural environment across multiple time zones
- Well-versed with consultative selling approach
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Results oriented and work with minimum supervision
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
go to method of application »
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Financial Operations department of the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the core purpose of the role holder is to oversee all financial operations of the business as Financial Controller to ensure they comply to statutory, regulatory and board mandated standards. These include, statutory reporting, revenue and cost accounting, treasury management, tax management, drafting and implementing finance policies and improving the digitization of the scalable, repeatable finance processes.
- Overseeing statutory reporting and audits as prescribed by the company financial calendar
- Monthly financial statements for presentation to management and the board of directors and preparation for the public announcements of the results at interim and year end
- Collaborate with IT on finance projects mainly around the main systems used for enhancing the efficiencies of processing information and also enhancing internal controls within finance and linkages to other business departments
- Oversee financial reporting to Vodafone & Vodacom including certifications
- Ensure timeliness of processing of financial information for submission from EPM to the Oracle Fixed
- Asset module for capitalization including acquire to retire process
- Tax compliance, reporting, advocacy and planning
- Define and align the Finance Operations goals and objectives against the Finance initiatives
- Identify areas for digitization, simplification and automation for process improvement and using robotic process technology to eliminate repetitive tasks
- Establish and rollout a mix of an agile and project methodology with stakeholders across the business to ensure any input required from the department is thorough and timely and build in to the project deliverables
- Oversee financial operations for subsidiaries and joint venture entities
- Oversee relationship with bankers, suppliers, dealers, agents and regulators
- Ensure internal controls that safeguard company assets
- Upper level degree from a recognized university in a business-related field and/or Finance
- At least one full professional qualification in accounting namely CPA, ACCA, CIMA or an equivalent (a qualification in IT is an added advantage).
- At least 10 years accounting experience of which at least 5 years administering an ERP application.
- Understanding of the international financial reporting standards and their application. Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines with effective monitoring and follow up on all actions taken.
- Demonstratable experience in team leadership with a track record of performance management