Business Intelligence Analyst at One Acre Fund
Posted on: 7 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Field Reporting & Analysis Needs
- Developing actionable field reports for organizational leaders
- As we grow, we’ve begun to move away from Excel to cope with the data volume required to efficiently report on hundreds of thousands of clients in East Africa.
- The BI Analyst will write SQL queries and build reports to provide essential metrics to our Field Team along with the occasional Excel solution.
- Driving cross-country standardization for appropriate tools
- One Acre Fund is growing up and we need to begin standardizing more of our reporting solutions across the countries in which we operate.
- The BI Analyst will work with key stakeholders in each country to help drive this process forward by defining key metrics, but also identifying where each country needs to be flexible at creating a custom solution – built by the BI Analyst.
- Designing live dashboards to support core field activities while maintaining and improving the architecture of our reporting databases
- During our enrollment periods, we’ve enrolled in as many as 200,000 clients within a five-week span.
- Field Teams need to agilely redeploy resources to ensure the enrollment period goes smoothly – The BI Analyst will ensure they have the data they need to make decisions on the fly.
- In Kenya alone, we collect roughly 50,000 repayments per week. By the fourth week of the season, we’ve moved past our ability to efficiently analyze this data in Excel.
- The BI Analyst would be in charge of developing a number of new repayment dashboards for both the tracking of core metrics and exploratory data analysis.
- Our program requires us to coordinate last mile deliveries to over 1,500 distribution points across East Africa.
- The BI Analyst would build out additional data tools to track inventory shrink, delivery efficiency, and highlight the accomplishments of our incredible logistics team.
- Serving as a “data coach” to data admins across the organization
- Establishing data storage standards for our informal data systems across the organization and implement these standards with departmental data administrators.
- Mapping One Acre Fund’s informal data systems and evaluate their efficacy.
- Helping to identify where new software solutions are required to maintain One Acre Fund’s data standards.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience. Candidates fitting the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Significant technical training will be provided to the candidate, but advanced proficiency will be required in at least one of the following skills: Excel, SQL Queries, SSRS Reports, SSAS Data Cubes, Power BI (or other data visualization tool), R (or another statistical software package).
- Strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g., starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, and starting a business).
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze, and communicate data.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Top-performing educational background (include GPA/class marks); related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund career website on www.oneacrefund.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about One Acre FundSimilar Jobs
- IT Support Specialist at Samasource
- Senior Project Officer: Gender Based Violence at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Logistics/Security Manager at Adventist Development and Relief Agency International
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Director at Marie Stopes International
- HR Audit- Short Term Consultant at Islamic Relief
- Education in Emergencies Specialist at Save the Children International
- Career Opportunity at Management Systems International
- Job Opportunities at World Agroforestry Centre - 6 Positions