Michael Page Africa is the division of PageGroup specifically dedicated to the recruitment of managers and senior executives on the African continent. Our international team of over 50 consultants operate from our offices in Paris, Casablanca and Johannesburg providing a full search and selection offering. We have extensive experience and a proven track record in sourcing the best expatriates, local nationals and interim executives for our clients.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director and Executive Board, the Managing Director, East & Southern Africa will be responsible for providing overall leadership of the petroleum & energy solutions business and the successful execution of the business strategy.
- Develop and implement the vision, core values and strategic plan to deliver the significant growth plan set for the business.
- Drive profitability and significant growth in a highly competitive environment.
- Develop streamlined corporate operational procedures and implementation of appropriate systems to improve the operations in the business.
- Direct development and management of annual budgets, reporting into an Executive board.
- Executive leadership across multiple countries across East & Southern Africa.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Managing Director, East & Southern Africa will fit the below description:
- At least 10 years working experience in oil and gas sector, three of which should be at senior management level in a comparable petroleum & total energy solutions business.
- Strong business negotiation skills and proven track record in business development
- Successful leadership and management of business across multiple regions, specifically within the East & Southern African region.
- Strong financial skills and previous budget responsibilities.
- Driven and delivered multiple projects within the oil & gas sector.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of business including working with an Executive Board.
- Master's degree in Business Management.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits and incentives.
- Effectively manage the monthly payroll process for our affiliates in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria with the support of our external payroll service providers
- Give pay related input to the Distributor HR
- Oversee statutory compliance
- Respond to employee related queries around their salary payments
Remuneration review & Policy design
- Finding and analysing remuneration structure and benefits offered by other employers in the industry. Ensure pay packages are competitive and in line with statutory requirements and industry standards.
- Spearheading the year end total increase exercise; providing strategic thoughts, formats to Business HR in line with Performance Management strategy
- Participate in yearly compensation surveys, analyse the survey results
- Recommending changes in employee benefits/ remuneration structure. This includes salary, allowances, Variable Pay, medical insurance, group life and accident insurance, car benefit and relocation.
- Create Pay related policies
Annual Business Planning and cost tracking
- Give updates on actual salary costs for each Country unit and flag budget concerns to the HR Director
- Support HR Director with salary cost planning for the next year
- Developing Manpower Plans in line with ABP
HR Business Partnering C&WA
- Decide with Line Managers on the selection of candidates.
- Build up strong partnership with recruitment agencies and ensure timely filling of all vacancies.
- Drive Key People processes such as Performance Management, Talent Reviews, probation confirmations, Individual Development Planning & Related Developmental interventions, Salary increments and bonus pay
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master degree in either Human Resources, Finance or Economics
- 5-8 years experience in HR, at least 3 years experience as Compensation & Benefits Manager or Specialist
- Experience in managing payroll data
- Experience in interpreting Hay and Mercer data and setting up policies
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Other advantages: recruitment experience, FMCG background
What's on Offer
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.