Wärtsilä is a leading provider of complete life-cycle marine & energy solutions and services to customers globally. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. Visit www.wartsila.com.
- Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Follow all procedures and instructions related to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Maintain all operation records (including logs, check lists and running records) according to guidelines.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Communicate effectively the condition of all plant equipments, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances to shift supervisor in charge and colleagues.
- Watch over of all alarms / parameters of engines and auxiliaries, monitor and analyse the trend data related to the equipments at all time and perform proper follow up.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lock out and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Utilise all the tools, equipments and accessories in such a manner that the operating life is maximized.
- Provide for the relieving shift operator a complete handover, bringing to his/her attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities.
- Communication skills
- Cooperative skills
- Cost effectiveness
- Self Management
- Teamwork skills
- Quality, safety, environment skills
- Utilize IM applications and IM tools
- BSc Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Technical training
One and a half ( 1 1/2) years’ experience in operation and/or maintenance of Power Plant
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd career website on careers.fi to apply