Jobs at Preferred Personnel Africa
Posted on: 16 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Preferred Personnel Africa Ltd
Preferred Personnel Africa Limited (PPA) is a professional Human Resource firm with over 20 years’ experience in the East African Market. Our mission is to provide holistic Human Resource Solutions through a unique blend of experience, skills, and working methodology.
- The incumbent’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy.
- Support projects including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and
- Compile, update and maintain employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Available for one-on-one consultation with stakeholders, deal with employee requests regarding
- human resources issues, rules and regulations.
- Synthesize complex issues, translating this into effective written and oral communication and
- actionable plans.
- Attend project meetings and ensure meeting minutes and action items are well captured.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Key contact person for the outsourced contractors – handling any changes or alterations to
- Contract Management - drafting employment contracts for outsourced contractors, periodic
- reminder to clients when contracts are about to expire.
- Organizing for replacements should any of the outsourced staff go on leave or fall ill and the
- client requires a back fill.
- Handling all administration functions associated with outsourced contractors i.e. insurance and
- Ensuring any payroll changes in regards to the contractors are communicated to the head office
- in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the contractors receive their end year individual returns (P9 forms) on time.
- Ensuring contractors’ queries are attended to.
- Maintaining the outsourced contractors’ leave days.
- Conducting reference checks for outsourced contractors and ensuring that referees respond in
- good time.
- Minimum of 1 year of HR work experience, Business Administration or any other relevant field within a fast paced, client facing environment
- Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Proficient in MS Office (Ms Word, Excel, and the Internet)
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource will be an added advantage.
- Must have a high level of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders at all levels,
- both internally and externally.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to Business Development teams for intermediary business thus achieving the delivery of the General Business Budget through the various channels of Brokers, DSF, Branches, Nairobi Agents and other independent Agents.
- Deliver business targets for both new and renewal business.
- Procuring quality business through collaboration with the Underwriting teams.
- Collecting premiums due in conjunction with the Credit Control team.
- Developing the Company’s Business Development strategy for the intermediary business.
- Developing appropriate strategies that will promote the company’s operations and ensure timely implementation.
- Collaborating with Underwriting and Operations teams to ensure timely issuance of quotations and achievement of Customer Service metrics
- Putting in place standards for the company and interdepartmental service levelagreements that will improve the company’s service ratings.
- Ensuring that service to customers and procedures meet their expectations.
- Supporting the Company’s strategic plan by ensuring a reliable Customer
- Relationship Management system.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels, effective performance management and motivation of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- ACII Professional Qualifications.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in a Business Development role within
- the Insurance or Financial Services sectors; with at least 3 years in a senior management role.
- Demonstrable experience in Business Relationship Building with Brokers and other Business partners.
- A proven track record of sustainable Business Development within the Corporate Insurance Business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to engage decision makers at different levels as well as develop effective working relationships with Brokers, business partners and other third parties.
- A broad understanding of the insurance cycle and its varying machinations.
- Dynamic, strategic individual with strong analytical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership, people management and planning & organizing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to interact and establish credibility within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Preferred Personnel Africa LtdSimilar Jobs
- Operations Manager at CA Global Africa
- Job Opportunities at Corporate Staffing
- HR Account Manager at Sheer Logistics
- Job Opportunities at HRBP Solutions - 4 Positions
- Manager – Government And Public Sector at Ernst & Young
- Sales Rider at Janta Kenya
- Sales Representative at By Appointment Africa
- Accountant at Jobsikaz