Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Social Innovation Specialist Job Responsibilities
- The Social Innovation Specialist offers internal support and coaching to colleagues, guiding them in the pitching, follow through and implementation of project ideas in collaboration with external partners. You will build on, create and update tools and methodologies for social innovation and engage programme staff and partners to use these in their day-to-day work.
- You are a motor for iteration and continuous learning, and up-to-date with developments in the field of Social Innovation and International Development, where you will represent Hivos on several occasions. You spot new trends in these fields and are not afraid to push for edgy programme ideas within the scope of Hivos’ mission. In addition, together with your colleagues, you contribute to Hivos’ ambition to be a learning organisation.
Qualifications for the Social Innovation Specialist Job
- Proven track record in social innovation and social design methodologies.
- You have a can do mentality with experience in project management and the facilitation of multi-actor platforms.
- Familiar with the coaching of individuals through various innovation and program development cycles.
- Able to ‘think outside the box’ and to apply creative approaches that challenge mainstream thinking and practices. In doing so, you are able to balance power relations and ensure a strong citizens voice.
- Strong analytical skills that allow you to challenge current work practices and enhance learning amongst Hivos staff and key stakeholders.
- Flexible team player and are sensitive to different cultural environments.
- Partnership builder, able to inspire and take along various players.
- Possess university degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 7 years working experience in an international purpose-driven environment, preferably in the world of international development and social innovation.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English.
- You are willing to travel internationally
- You are willing to work across various time zones as needed
go to method of application »
Responsibilities for the Programme Officer Job
- Plan for, develop and resource Programmes in relation to Hivos’ priorities and strategies in the renewable energy domain. This includes:
- With partners, staff members and other stakeholders where you will work to co-create & develop innovative programmes that seek to address identified opportunities in accordance with Hivos’ Renewable Energy Goals;
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization;
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programme.
- Designing and implementing a strategy to identify, track, and secure suitable and sufficient funding and resources to support Hivos’ evolving work in renewable energy. This includes:
- Identifying and proactively pursuing grants and fundraising opportunities;
- Preparing grant applications, concept notes and proposals to donors;
- Coordinating fundraising activities and events;
- Seeking in-kind, financial, and/or pro-bono support from relevant partners, companies, governments and service providers;
- Building a solid donor intelligence network/base representing the local, regional, and international donor communities, with a view to expanding Hivos’ green energy portfolio;
- Establishing and participating in formal and informal networks with relevant partners, donors, and actors;
- Building strategic and lasting partnerships with investors, donors, governments, development partners and the private sector.
- Actively participating and contributing to financial forecasting at the project and organizational level to determine necessary funding and resource requirements.
- Securing suitable and sufficient funding and resources to support Hivos’ operational requirements.
- Actively representing the organization’s program development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as they relate to Hivos’ work.
- Provide other programmatic, research, administrative, and logistical support as needed.
Programme Officer Job Qualifications
- Must be passionate about renewable energy.
- Masters degree in Energy Management or in Energy and Environmental Management or with an (Electronic)-Engineering background with an additional commercial degree.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the Renewable Energy sector and issues in Kenya or Uganda, or Tanzania (or all three).
- Minimum 3 years of post-graduate work experience in the renewable energy field ideally in carrying out nonprofit programme development and/or fundraising within the private sector and/or international development organizations.
- Demonstrated donor network in Kenya (required) and in the region (preferred).
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and pipelines.
- Ability to work independently, and function effectively as a member of a global team, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good networking, marketing, proposal development skills.
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- High levels of personal integrity and accountability.
Method of Application
Kindly send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position no later than 30th November, 2016. Your letter should state your current and expected salary.