Job Opportunities at Alternate Doors
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alternate Doors
At Alternate Doors
we pride ourselves on ensuring both the Employers and the job seekers get what they want in the most professional and efficient manner. ( HASSLE-FREE). As a client(Employer), we believe in ensuring we understand your business and your needs so that we can get the best candidates available for your business, and we will use any means necessary to deliver the best candidates. As a candidate(Job seeker), you will receive open, clear and professional advice and consultancy to ensure you are put forward for the right roles. We will be honest with you so that you are not ‘shoved in’ for a role you haven’t a hope of getting. Similarly, we won’t waste your time with roles that don’t match your profile.
Customer Service Executive Job Responsibilities
- Cold Calling Clients
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Administrative and Support roles
Requirements for the Customer Service Executive Job
- At least 3 Months Experience in a call centre
- This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media.
- Marketing, Sales or any other Business related qualification
go to method of application »
Head Chef/Executive Chef Jobs Responsibilities
- Coach and provide leadership to all the staff of the kitchen, either directly or through the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s), ensuring the training and development of staff, providing input for performance, appraisals, and disciplinary action, according to the values and guidelines of the hotel
- Ensure consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, taking advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both, and ensuring communication to the kitchen staff.
- Recruit, train and develop all kitchen employees.
- Strong and effective communication with all departments specifically Restaurants, Banquets, and Catering.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of all food service areas, to maintain the best quality food style possible.
- Provide input for menus — creating, developing, and recommending recipes for the use of other staff — to create a consistent and quality food product.
- Order an inventory of food products for the preparation and operation, of an efficiently run kitchen.
- Assist and coach in the organization of other staff to reduce the workload or meet the deadlines of the department.
- Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality.
- Create, implement and maintain department objectives and ensure they are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that the morale of the kitchen staff is maintained by practicing positive strategies to motivate staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forth.
- Strive to advance knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all internal and external guest requests and complaints, while meeting the hotel standards to exceed the clients’ expectations in addition to remaining budget conscious, also ensuring that required forms are filled out and submitted to the required department managers who are notified and communicated with.
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Ensure maintenance requests, incident reports and incident investigations are submitted and followed up with.
- Purchase food and related culinary equipment and supplies, maintaining adequate pars, ensuring to both eliminate outages or shorts and participate in any opportunities to minimize inventory levels, minimizing capital while ensuring clients’ expectations are exceeded.
- Maintain the highest departmental standards as determined by the Director, and the clients of the hotel
- Prepare weekly staff schedules, and monitor staffing levels in conjunction with determined budgets.
- Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising our clients’ satisfaction.
- Promote professional work habits, encourage staff to act with integrity and recognize this trait in others and reward them appropriately.
- Manage employee performance through training, coaching, or corrective action as required, excluding termination of employees.
- Responsible for the complete kitchen operation.
- Carry out other related duties from time to time.
- Organize monthly staff meetings and develop an appropriate agenda.
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
- Assure proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations.
- All services, functions, and caterings are to be conducted in a timely fashion with co-ordination involving the Director/Manager, and Restaurant Supervisor, ensuring readiness to start the event a minimum of fifteen minutes prior to the service time.
- Direct leadership, coaching, and discipline of the Sous Chef(s) ensuring the Sous Chef is fulfilling his/her job responsibilities as defined by the hotel with constant communication involving the Director/ Manager.
- Adhere to all hotel Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Completion and compliance of the hotels Orientation.
- Ensure all administrative forms are completed and submitted in a timely manner to all kitchen employees, including performance reviews, daily time sheets, payroll advice forms, retention bonus forms, payroll deductions, overtime approvals.
- Ensure daily menu specials are cost effective and are of high standards in quality and presentation.
- Delegate duties to the Sous Chef as necessary any operational aspects of the kitchen.
- Ensure that scheduled employees have reported to work; document any late or absent employees and use corrective action as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the delegation of tasks and food production is organized through the use of prep sheets from the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s) for the use of all staff.
- Coordinate breaks for employees through the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s).
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the (Company Name) standards and delegate these tasks.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s) and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect prior to the service or function, setups; inform the Manager and ensure that any deficiencies are rectified.
- Document any pertinent information in the departmental log book and ensure to use and record in the log book on a daily basis.
- Attend designated meetings, events, menu and wine tasting.
- Expedite on floor or in the kitchen as business demands.
- Oversee food deliveries to ensure the products have been delivered and stored according to the standards set by provincial health regulations.
- On a daily basis, give positive, negative, or developmental contacts to employees under your supervision through the use of the kitchen contact book.
- Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production by both yourself and the staff under your direct supervision.
Qualifications for the Head Chef/Executive Chef Jobs
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Culinary Education Trade Papers
- Food Safe Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Sous Chef position or higher in a high volume and upscale environment.
- Minimum of 8 years’ combined experience in the trade of cooking.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Background in culinary competitions is beneficial.
- Food and beverage culinary management experience with demonstrated leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of purchasing and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Understanding of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Room Service, Banquet and Catering operational procedures.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand and manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Knowledge of overall operations as they affect kitchen and related areas.
- Effective influence skills.
- Strongly demonstrated creativity in all areas relating to food.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Computer literate with MS Office applications.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to recognize, influence and follow food service trends in preparation and presentation.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
Method of Application
If you feel you fit the above role ,please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org . N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alternate DoorsSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Duma Works - 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Kentrain - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Corporate Staffing
- Guest Relations Officer at Sheer Logistics
- Job Opportunities at NFT Consult - 6 Positions
- Career Opportunities at Chemonics International - 8 Positions
- Finance Manager- Treasury at Summit Recruitment and Search
- Career Opportunities at Financial Reporting Centre - KPMG - 3 Positions