Job Opportunities at Energy 4 Impact
Posted on: 30 November, 2016
Deadline: 2 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Energy 4 Impact
Energy 4 Impact
is a non-profit organisation working with local businesses to extend access to energy in Africa, impacting the quality of life for millions of people. Growing sustainable clean energy markets improves livelihoods and accelerates economic growth.
SME Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Working with humanitarian organisations and the private sector to develop a pipeline of projects that could sustainably address current energy needs in humanitarian settings.
- Working with project developers to refine the technical and financial scope of their proposals.
- Leading the design of funding mechanisms for energy projects in humanitarian settings based on consultations between potential donors and project developers.
- Managing the design of the fund structure, institutional arrangements, evaluation criteria, project specifications etc.
- Conducting feasibility into businesses model and technical solutions that can address current energy challenges in camp settings including non-wood based fuel and infrastructure management contracts.
- Conducting consultations with stakeholders to design the required support mechanisms and contracts.
- Developing procurement processes and contracts that could be used for tendering energy services.
- Coordinating the review and evaluation of project proposals and preparing the necessary documentation for disbursement of small grant awards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of grants that have been awarded to project developers for low carbon energy projects and market development activities.
- Provision of technical assistance during the implementation of the projects.
- Supporting the design and implementation of market based interventions under the programme including proposed activities and partners for implementation.
- Inputting into project documents, work plans and budgets.
- Supporting the design of tools for use by humanitarian actors to improve energy data management and camp level planning of energy interventions.
- Inputting into programme reports to communicate activities with partners and donors and toolkit disseminating findings from the programme.
- Managing relationships and communication between MEI and the private sector to ensure their effective involvement and input throughout the programme.
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation activities across the programme to ensure data and evidence on programme interventions are accurately captured.
- Support in other programme management and operational activities as required. Requirements
Experience Required For The SME Advisor Job
- 5+ years’ experience in energy project development, operations, or financing; or experience in early-stage entrepreneurship
- 5+ years’ experience in management or strategic consulting or financial advisory;
- Experience working in the energy sector in East Africa with a strong focus on private sector engagement and development;
- Understanding of energy technologies for cooking and lighting and power generation applications;
- Experience in project management, management of small scale grants and monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Experience working with rural and off-grid business models and technologies, and an understanding of the unique challenges faced by businesses operating in Africa;
- Experience in procurement and contracting for energy projects and services is a plus.
- Good team building and motivational skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals and deliver;
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interact with a range of stakeholders at the private sector, NGOs and community level;
- Ability to see the big picture and connect the dots;
- A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and entrepreneurial environment with a team from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to put frameworks and structures in place for effective implementation and monitoring of projects;
- Passionate about working in the impact space.
go to method of application »
M&E / Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing an excel based M&E systems, including development of M&E plans, frameworks, processes and data collection tools (including baseline) for all the programmes and projects in the organization;
- Design M&E plans and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary;
- Work with programmes at inception phase to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement the donor’s requirements, create long term plans, etc;
- Supervise the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes;
- Supervise field officer to develop and promote the use of standard indicators, tools and forms (as appropriate) and M&E practices across the project and coordinate the collection of information required for country-level management;
- Lead regular reviews of programmes/lessons learnt sessions and implementing necessary changes to existing and future programmes;
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in development of project reports;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide support for proper application of M&E frameworks and tools;
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools;
- Support Program Managers in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation;
- Work closely with the communication department in developing and disseminating programme results, best practices and success stories;
- Lead and coordinate assessment and evaluations of programmes;
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project areas, methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good data for results based evaluation;
- Report M&E updates and performances across the programmes;
- Review or edit project data in reports as requested and required; Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements;
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance. Data analysis and database management work:
- Design and maintain an excel based database system that improves Energy 4 Impact’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, identify trends and present impact to key stakeholders;
- Ensure all relevant programme staff are able to utilise the database to analyze program information and results. Develop the necessary told for the field team to feed in data in the data base in a way that minimize entry errors;
- Review data being collected in order to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity: Document database contents, protocols and update manuals for smooth functioning of the data management system;
- Manage regular synchronizations with field level data;
- Manage project database to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, and data use for decision-making;
- Prepare data reports (tables, charts, narratives, visuals) at regular intervals and ad hoc as needed to respond to requests for information, inputs to project work plans and semi-annual reports, and other internal and external data analysis and reporting requirements;
- To take the lead in conducting continuous data analysis of enterprise/business performance from programme data and produce cross-sectional reports reflecting different growth variables including but not limited to sales, employments, profitability etc;
- Provide analytical expertise with regards to identifying and confirming patterns and trends in data, understanding the economics of supporting different types of business, likely cost to us per unit of result, etc;
- Provide technical assistance to country programs for implementing M&E activities, including data collection, analysis, and use of excel based M&E system to ensure data collected are sufficient to produce in-depth data analysis and identify trends. Ensure data are used by country programs for informed decision-making and to strengthen programs as needed;
- To be the person that ultimately checks and signs off on data and analysis. Requirements:
Experience & Qualifications for the M&E / Data Analyst Job
- Master degree in Statistic, Economics, Business Management or other analytics field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant professional experience doing complex data analysis within programmes M&E context.
- Proven experience in leading, coordinating and managing M&E system to produce analysis related to the economics of supporting different types of business. M&E experience within social enterprises or private sector enterprises are highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data quality assurance, analysis and reporting.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis systems and tools.
- High level of competency in managing data information.
- Very Strong analytical skills.
- Certified advanced excel skills is required with the ability to create excel based tools using complex formulas, pivot tables, create graphs etc.
- Highly adept with data analysis, presentation, statistics.
- Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical reports required.
- Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Ability to see patterns in data and understand the cause and effect.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Ability to collaborate well on a team while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Good knowledge of French is highly preferred.
- Experience with mainstreaming gender indicators into M&E plans/framework will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use ‘Application for SME Advisor – Moving Energy Initiative’ followed by your full name in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for this position is midnight on 2nd December 2016. Energy 4 Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Energy 4 ImpactSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Islamic Relief Kenya - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancy at Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
- Regional Finance Coordinator at HelpAge International
- Super Organized Recruiting Assistant at Penda Health
- Programme Finance Officer at Handicap International
- Clinical Officers at University of Maryland
- Job Vacancies at International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer at Fred Hollows Foundation