Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Job Summary: The marketing executive will manage all the marking efforts for our group as per the detailed description below.
The position requires someone willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment who is a self-starter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing opportunities for advertising that involves advertising in regional, national, and specialist publications.
- Building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders such as suppliers, customers, colleagues etc.
- Managing marketing materials production, include leaflets, flyers and posters. This involves proofreading and writing, liaising with printers and designers.
- Arranging effective marketing materials distribution.
- Reviewing documents for brand consistency before they are shared with external parties
- Implementing marketing research, brand awareness, customer surveys, and analyze demands of the customers.
- Securing sponsorship and assisting in publicity and marketing plans and strategies.
- Analyzing product and market pricing.
- Developing, contributing to, long-term marketing plans, and strategies.
- Building up and maintaining contacts with media.
- Writing and distributing the press releases.
- Maintaining and updating mail database and measuring marketing campaigns.
- Supervising the activities of a company competitor.
- Assisting in delivering of approved marketing strategies.
- Managing and implementing distribution of the product.
- Coordinating with and reporting to managers in carrying out campaigns.
- Attending and organizing exhibitions, sales and promotional events.
- Acting as liaison between the suppliers, media and clients.
- Arranging and monitoring promotional materials distributional activities.
- Carrying out marketing campaigns on email, social media etc for company products and services, events etc
- Visiting clients to make product pitches on a case by case basis.
- Maintaining the company blog in conjunction with the team.
- Organizing and coordinating company events.
- Liaise with clients to follow up on details on projects
Skills and Specifications
- Should be aware of financial, and markets implications.
- Identify segments in the market, potential markets, and niches.
- Immense knowledge in competitor’s products and services.
- Good knowledge of marketing strategies and principles.
- Quick understanding of new technologies and implement them in marketing.
- Effective copy writing skills. Capable enough to redraft technical text for a broader and all kinds of audience.
- Active team player and should communicate well to the entire team by interacting enthusiastically and motivated manner.
- Ability in implementing strategies and user or adapt tactfulness.
- Capability to think out of box and should be very creative.
- Ability to formulate strategies and plan.
- Capable to adjust and work with various teams.
- Efficient organizational skills and excellent project management skills.
- Capable to work under high pressure and reach deadlines.
- Confident and effective in decision-making.
- Ability in managing the budget for the campaign.
- Positive attitude with great innovative and creativity skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage as would CIM qualification.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management/organisational skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
- Understanding of customer segmentation.
- Background in consulting or making presentations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Experience managing social media pages (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
go to method of application »
Job Purpose is to ensure adherence of quality specifications for all incoming and outgoing materials / products.
General Responsibilities / Duties:
- Analyzing of all in-coming raw materials and packaging materials as per the laid down procedures.
- Carrying out analysis of all semi-finished & finished products.
- Report all non-compliances to the respective authorities for immediate action.
- Analysis of all market samples, proper documentation and storage of the samples.
- Management of high standard of hygiene in the laboratory and ensure good laboratory practices are followed.
- Shall be responsible for record keeping and proper filing of all quality related records as per the ISO standards.
- Factory hygiene and sanitation inspections (including hand & machine swabs).
- Inspection of all market returns and give reports.
- Any other duty allocated.
Skills & Competencies:
- Should possess a diploma/ certificate/ degree in Analytical Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry or similar field
- Should have at least 3 to 5 years work experience in quality department as a laboratory technician with experience in concrete related products/construction chemicals.
- Report writing skills.
- Should have a track record of managing and supervising a team in the department before.
- Training in either of the ISO standards is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
Role Summary: We are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer to manage the company’s supply of products and services.
The Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include laying strategies to find cost-effective deals and suppliers.
The Procurement Manager’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- A minimum of 5 years proven working experience as a Procurement Officer
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software: preferably quick books
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- A degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
go to method of application »
Job Summary: The Fundraising Manager role is to work with donors and the hiring organisation to seek funds in order to create tailored, professional, funding proposals that will result in new program funding for the organisation.
He/she needs to be able to professionally represent an organisation when seeking funds from donors, and to balance various donor requirements and preferences without losing sight of the fundraising organisation’s core values and mission.
Skills / Requirements
- Performance is largely going to be judged by new funds actually raised (committed by the donor in a signed agreement)
- Qualifications: degree holder (bachelor level)
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in a similar role
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2430”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2430, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th December 2016
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2547”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2547 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 7th December 2016 N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.