Fairtrade International is an internationally recognized, non-profit organization that works to secure fairer trade terms so that farmers and workers in developing countries can invest in a better future for themselves and their communities.
Our global team works to directly connect producers and consumers and promote fairer trading conditions and sustainability. We are responsible for the strategic direction of the Fairtrade system, the Fairtrade Standards and support to Fairtrade farmers and workers worldwide.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant Job
Provide administrative, organizational, logistical, and other support within the following main
- Support in maintaining Fairtrade International’s online library for Fairtrade photos and digital assets (collecting, tagging and uploading images, creating new accounts etc);
- Supporting on website updates and content uploads
- Data entry and administrative tasks for both brand and comms teams as required.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Excellent English (Working knowledge of Spanish and/or French an asset)
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, especially use of Word and Power Point, and experience in website interfaces.) Experience in website content management systems (Typo3, wordpress) desirable, but not essential.
- Studies in the field of Communications, Marketing PR and/or media an asset
- Communication and intercultural skills
- Motivation for the cause of Fairtrade
- Some experience in developing countries (e.g., work, internships, travels) an asset
- Only applicants who are enrolled in German universities can be considered
Terms and Conditions
- Working time: 20 hours per week (distribution of hours is flexible)
- Remuneration according to the Salary group II of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Wholesale and Foreign Trade Industries for North Rhine Westphalia.
- Duration: 6 months, starting in mid-January 2017
Method of Application
Please apply by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, citing “Student Assistant: Brand & Communications” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 14 December 2016