If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
This is regional role, which has ultimate accountability for embedding and leveraging a common framework and approach to Strategy, Service and Solution Development, Services Management and Business Shared Services Delivery / Optimization across Africa
Diageo – services In Market Companies( IMCs) in East and West Africa and works with the BPO on shore and offshore operations
Financial: In market headcount ,T&E, demand portfolio budget and manage BPO / IS recharge model and allocations: Africa Annual portfolio spend is £5.1M; Africa FY16 GDBS Operational Budget is £21.9m
Leadership: The role is pivotal in inspiring, collaborating with and aligning the Regional President, FD, Managing Directors and their respective leadership teams in shaping the strategic technology and business services direction for Africa and ensuring resources are appropriately deployed
Prioritize disparate business requirements and provide cost effective services to solve those and future business needs
- Influence business leaders to leverage shared services and industry standard solutions
- Manage medium to large complex regional and market budgets
- Member of the GDBS leadership team
- Lead the market/hub review sessions across the Africa markets
- Build and operate highly capable, high performing teams utilizing both internal and external resources as well as external service providers
- The role is accountable for building the capability (leadership and functional) of the organization and building the talent pipeline
- The role has 7 direct reports and leads an organization of 36 permanent employees
Purpose of Role
- The role will drive NSV growth, operating profit and productivity/efficiency gains in Africa through the design and delivery of innovative solutions against a prioritized portfolio, process and shared services standardization / optimization, and solution and service availability.
Strategic & business leadership and direction
- Execution: Accountable for the delivery of GDBS activities (IS and BSS) into the region.
- Amazing Relationships: build deep relationships across
- Compliance & Controls:.
- Talent & Capability:
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 12 years of progressive responsibilities in IS or an IS focused business area
- Progressive responsibilities managing portfolios
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and making recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Training or knowledge of supported business domain areas
- Experience of leading organisational change within a matrix managed
- Lack of leadership experience, commerciality and the right calibre and edge to generate confidence and inspire respect from Regional and Hub Exec. Lack of ability to deliver though others; Poor communication and engagement skills; Lack of functional acumen; Inability to work across cultures / geographies
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
- It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognise, may require a greater level of mobility and travel from some of our teams. For this role we anticipate the percentage of travel to be between 25 to 75 percent.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Diageo career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply