Administrative Officer Job at Bridge International
Posted on: 22 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching / Information
View All Jobs at Bridge International
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 24 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
What You Will Do
- Organize and coordinate administrative activities for the corporate office and the Bridge International Academies guest house.
- Carry out the Admin onboarding for new employees.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Sort and distribute mail. Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary and respond to regularly occurring requests for information
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings.
- Coordinate division of workload with the administrative assistants
- Provide comprehensive, high-level administrative support to the Director, People Operations and the Administration Manager.
- Maintain filing systems in collaboration with other administrative staff; coordinate administrative workflow with the administrative assistants; retrieve this information from files when needed
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, order supplies.
- Perform other duties as required.
What You Should have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- At least 2 years’ Administrative experience working in a fast-paced environment,
- Project management experience is a plus
- High energy, highly motivated personality but a stickler for rules
- Good communicator – verbal and written
- Available at all hours (when necessary) to attend to the office in person
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge International career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bridge InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Unit Supervisor Job at University of Maryland
- Leadership Coach Job at Dignitas
- Admin Assistant Job at Kenyatta University
- Business Development Manager Job at Africa Management Initiative
- Strathmore University Career Opportunities
- Property Development Manager Job at Nova Academies
- Career Opportunities at Kibabii University College
- Career Opportunities at Zetech Universities