Collector Job at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 23 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To manage and control all matters relating to non performing loans by constantly reviewing Collections and Recoveries procedures and ensuring early collection and or recovery actions are taken to maximise prospects of full recovery and execute the collection and recoveries strategy. Highlight and analyse credit failures as first level of contact with these issues and providing lessons learnt to improve the credit approval process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the day -to-day collections and or recovery to ensure losses are minimised by the effective implementation of collections and Recoveries strategy.
- Reviews processes within collections and recoveries to identify risk and opportunities to streamline operations, improve service and minimise losses.
- Highlights and analyses credit failures to identify ways of improving the credit approval process.
- Works with solicitors throughout the litigation process to ensure optimal collection and or recovery with minimal legal cost to the bank
- Maintains and analyses MIS statistical information relating to performance of the accounts and escalates trends for input to Product Development Process.
- Legal, regulatory, economic and compliance including the following;
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standard and regulatory requirements pertaining to money laundering and KYC;
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort to combat money laundering;
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
Qualifications And Skills
- Graduate in any degree.
- Credit skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Understands market trends and can interpret impact on the retail portfolio
- Full knowledge of retail clients Products and those of the competitors
- Good Computer skills with knowledge of the Credit MIS
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic Project management skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- PA & Office Administrator at Zeepo
- Career Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Data Governance Analyst at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- SME Manager (Life) at UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP
- Head of Corporate Credit Risk Analysis at Equity Bank Limited
- Business Analyst at UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP
- Career Opportunities at Kenya Commercial Bank Limited - 3 Positions
- Financial Sector Specialist at The World Bank