If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Shalina Healthcare is a market leader in making quality healthcare products affordable and available across Africa. We achieve this by sourcing from WHO-approved production facilities in India and China and by focusing on our first-class distribution expertise.
Purpose of this position is to:
- Establish business operations; register and launch new products in Kenya market.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders including MOH, government agencies and customers
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Evaluate markets for potential business opportunities for Shalina products.
- Execute all aspects of sales and marketing activities, such as brand management, pricing, communications & marketing promotion
- Coordinate with central S&M and supply chain for meeting the forecast accuracy targets.
- Apply the knowledge about government policies, regulatory procedures, documentation requirements and fee structures for getting the registrations on time. Liaise with India regulatory team and central S&M team.
- Build and leverage relationship with MOH and various government bodies for smooth registration of products.
- Build customer contact base to win tenders from various KOLs such as Kemsa, Defense, Kenya Port authority, MSD and teaching hospitals.
- Appoint importers to develop business; establish depots and warehouses as required to support the business growth.
- Manage and control all activities and processes related to logistics, container imports, customs clearance and internal freight etc.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualification: Graduate - B Pharm. / B. Sc. (Lifesciences) with MBA in Marketing/ General Management.
Experience: 12 - 14 years in Pharma with 4 years of experience in East Africa. Should have got hands on experience in product registrations and dealing with MOH. Experience in handling CVD / Derma / Antibiotics/ Gastro/ Gyna/ Pain/ Respiratory products.
Language Skills: Fluent in English. Swahili is preferred.
Travel Requirements: Extensive travel required between target countries.
Competencies: Extensive knowledge of Kenya pharma regulatory systems/ good network of Sr level officers in MOH of East African countries/ Influencing skills/ Perseverant/ Go getter attitude
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Shalina Healthcare career website on www.linkedin.com to apply