Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
Job Summary: Our client is a leader in retail and wholesale of Fashion wear and shoe supplies dealing with highly recognized brands.
They are seeking to recruit and select a Head of Sales; the job portfolio has the following objectives-
- To ensure that that each branch Stock levels are to expected reorder level.
- Ensure that each branch daily, weekly and monthly targets are achieved to expectation.
- To review the branch performance weekly and give an update of action to be taken.
- Understand the Cluster manager and their teams and ensure they give their best while doing their responsibilities.
- To create an A team that exceed to take the company to the next level.
- To ensure the revenue target and business objectives are met for the particular cluster zones.
- To plan growth from the business for each company and share weekly.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support Cluster Managers zones where each one contributes in their best possible way and works towards the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Create strategies for monitoring sales present and implement them.
- Analyze current teams in shop as per their performance and give a review of expect team performance.
- Manage all Cluster Managers movement ensuring they are being productive to increasing the revenue.
- Growth of Revenue through Institutional sales for each branch/Zones generated and negotiated by you.
- Ensure that each branch has a minimum growth of 10% for each branch
- Be active in the Whatsapp group that will enable you to keep track of the branch hourly performance and also indicate what action is being taken.
- Work hand in hand with the internal stock Auditor manager in inventory and cycle counts as per instruction from Internal Auditor and also I.T team.
- Have a report of the Training need analysis for each branch and work hand in hand with the cluster to fill the gaps missing.
- Appraisal reports for Cluster manager and also staff required on a month on bases as per the format given.
- Prepare low performance branch list and share to HR-department for action to be taken
- Set the realistic and achievable targets for the Cluster Managers Zones. This you do by taking the branch targets and dividing it to the teams.
- Have the Cluster Managers devise strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets. Discuss and decide the future course of action from the contribution given.
- Motivate team members by ensuring teams are working as a single unit towards a common objective. Resolve grievances and issues within team members and inter branches.
- Develop lucrative incentive schemes and introduce monetary benefits to encourage them to deliver their level best. Appreciate whenever they do good work. Especially for also maintain Zero shortage.
- Ensure Cluster Managers are generating their reports as per the procedures. Track individual performance through the reports and make sure each one is living up to the expectations of the organization.
- Maintain and improve relationships with the clients.
- Any issues with system update the I.T department for quick checks and avoid delays in response
- Work on getting updates from Accounts to have the relevant issues in regards to less banking and excess update the HR department also for action to be taken
- Coordinate with the Procurement department follow up that all deliveries are submitted to them for Tally update ensure Cluster push the manager to send all documents and reports to office.
- Ensure that Accounts department arrange for audit for branch Cash, petty cash, stock and also over head for the branch.
- Maintain necessary data and records for future reference. You will also be given the historical data for the region so that you can use for comparison to see if there is any growth.
- Training Branches on a monthly basis at least two to three branch all Training materials to be share also to branches for reference.
- Creating system & procedures to keep the branch in check by having segmented stock take done.
- Deliver Sales Fundamentals (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing) goals across all Branches on agreed to retail priorities for the Customers within multiple markets. This you will get assistance form the Head of Sales and management.
- Maintain continual improvement of sales coverage and productivity within a specific department of Team Retail Selling Organization.
- Understand and optimize selling effectiveness of the Team Retail Sales Department. Identify needed training, desired system and work process improvements, and maintain effective balance of Branch set/surge work and retail Branch coverage.
- Expert resource to Sales Head & other departmental Heads for all operational issues with assigned customer within a specific department.
- Effectively and properly use technology, communication of retail priorities through checking fast moving, slow moving and also the cut sizes from system and requesting for necessary stock.
- Effectively plan and execute Sales Meeting on periodic basis.
- Possess the ability to travel overnight for meetings and market visits.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Strategic planning for new customers, products, markets (product category/geographical market etc.)
- Defining the brand value proposition(what does the brand stand for, what the brand deliver e.g. fashion,lifestyle,value for money)
- Defining the possible route to market (own stores, distribution, franchise, store etc.)
- Defining the price positioning in the market/s
- Retail survey for new stores
- Increase sales and margins from the various distribution channels
- Acquire customers, retain customers and grow the value from each customer
- Ensure the products and the outlets are in line with the brand
- Ensure the customers touch points (people products,store,communication,customer care etc) are in line with brand
- Keep tag on the changing trends and competition landscape
- Shop wise product category wise and sales person wise performance
- Budget Vs actuals
- Trend analysis
- Marketing impact
- Supplier wise product analysis
- Sales projections
- Sourcing-work on changing trends and product price points and feedback on products
- HR-acquisition and skill enhancing of the manpower
- IT gets data for data analytics
- Finance-budgeting profitability analysis and cash flow projections
- Supply chain requisitions for material is aqurate and timely
Below are specific abilities, knowledge, and skills often required by employers from applicants seeking to work as sales manager in a retail setting.
These attributes are believed to help holders of the position to succeed on the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales &Marketing or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in sales roles
- 3+ years of retail sales experience of fashion wear and shoe wear goods.
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Availability to work at any time of the day and at the hours necessary to open and close the store, which may include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and apply skills; and to train and develop staff
- Ability to be on the feet most of the day, or moving on the sales floor or stock room
- Must be able to perform physical activities on the job, which include kneeling, lifting, bending, carrying, walking, climbing and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Excellent knowledge of sales information tools
- Must have fundamentals to build a strong retail team.
- Must have strong attention to details.
go to method of application »
Job Objective: To ensure efficient production and presentation of quality products while minimizing costs and meeting production targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to Bakery policy relating to Hygiene, Environment, Health and Safety.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the recipes and appropriate processes while making the various products.
- To bake presentable, quality and hygienically products according to customer specification.
- Ensuring that all products are always baked on time for quick, efficient and quality service.
- In Alison with the hygiene personnel, ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained in the work area.
- Bake products enough to ensure achievement of production targets.
- To ensure minimal wastage at the baking process and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- To be proactive, creative and innovative by generating ideas on product development to the management.
- Train the trainees or any other staff member as assigned by the management in the preparation or baking the various products.
- Bake products as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the equipment and machines are maintained in a sound serviceable condition at all times and that no malfunctioning occurs due to negligence. This includes routine daily physical examination as necessary as well as liaising with the supervisor to ensure that they are serviced as scheduled when due.
- Have knowledge of the safety rules and cleaning procedures of equipment used in the bakery to avoid damaging them or causing injuries.
- Give appropriate feedback to the supervisor concerned.
- Be aware that performance will be closely monitored by the supervisors for future assignments, appraisals, reports and transfers.
- Operating the oven and ensuring that the baked products are of good quality.
- Operating the proofer and maintaining documentations according to HACCP and STAR requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
go to method of application »
Position Summary: Responsible for preparation and presentation of the monthly financial reports.
He/ She will also be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in smooth and efficient operation of the Accounting department.
Maintain the General Ledger and sub ledger, oversee daily auditing to all records pertaining to revenue of the hotel, prepare and complete daily reports and relevant documents for incorporation in the monthly accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit the daily revenue figures and supporting folios, vouchers and summaries submitted by the night auditors
- Prepare monthly variance analysis reports between budgeted and actual figures
- Supervise work of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cost Controller
- Prepares or supervise the preparation of all journal entries necessary for closing the books on a monthly basis
- Responsible for handling any tax record and maintain the General Ledger, prepare ant tax report monthly and yearly
- To maintain general ledger, starting from posting, adjusting and printing and also to maintain the adequate of accounting records
- To provide listing of all Balance Sheet items and reconcile the Balance Sheet items on a monthly basis. This will include presentation of aged analysis of receivables and payables
- Ensures that depreciation, amortization, accrual are properly calculated and recorded, check that all revenue cost expenses and all transactions are posted to the proper charge of account
- Maintains a daily log of specific package charges for purpose of reconciling clearing accounts at the end of the month.
- Cooperates with the internal and external auditors to minimize the cost of auditing and the implementation of recommendations.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 13th January 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “HEAD OF SALES”