Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Administation & Logistics Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring the logistic functions serve project needs in accordance with HI procedures by:
- Participating in the raising of Purchase Service Requests (PSR) by adhering to the laid down commitment of expenditure procedures for review by the Field Administrator
- Ensuring all purchase files are properly kept and they contain all necessary support documentation
- Implementation of the equipment and stores management and maintenance to ensure proper monitoring and usage
- Supporting the monitoring of fleet of vehicles and monitoring the proper usage of the log book and the monthly report sheet.
- Liaising with the Field Administrator for follow up with the logistics team in Nairobi to report on site activities, plan of purchases and/or any other issues that need to be managed from Nairobi.
- Support in the implementation of front office functions
- Efficiency in the logistics office
- Proper and efficient usage of the fleet of vehicles
- Proper adherence to laid down procedures and deadlines Effective filing of logistical documents
- Understanding of the functioning of the administration and logistics department
Duration and Location of Internship
- The volunteership is for a period of three months renewable for a further three months subject to performance. He/she will only be receiving a daily meal and transport allowance of Kshs. 700 per working day ( Monday to Friday), paid once a month in advance.
- No other benefits are attached to this position thus accommodation and/or other costs of upkeep shall be borne by the Volunteer.
- The volunteer will be based in Kitale.
Requirements for the Administation & Logistics Job
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies and/or any other relevant field with practical experience in a busy logistic office for a period of at least 2years
- Preferably at least 2 years’ experience working with an International NGO
- Should possess organization skills, team player, attention to details and cost conscious
- The Volunteer is to comply with the Staff regulations for HI Kenya Somalia Programme
Method of Application
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to :- email@example.com on or before 6th February, 2017, 5:00pm. The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Administration and Logistics Volunteership – Kitale”
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted. Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.