HR & Admin Assistant Job at Indepth Research Services (IRES) - 2 Positions
Posted on: 30 January, 2017
Deadline: 10 February, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Indepth Research Services (IRES)
Indepth Research Services (IRES)
is an international training and consultancy organization with its head office in Nairobi, Kenya. IRES offers a comprehensive portfolio of technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture; climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors
HR & Admin Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide staff orientations
- Monitor daily staff attendance.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Inform unsuccessful applicants
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures.
- Explain provisions of the personnel policy to staff.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
- Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
- Attend Various Committees’ meetings to provide information, when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications for the HR & Admin Assistant Job
- An undergraduate degree in HR, management, psychology or business related fields
- Post graduate HR qualifications will be an added advantage
- Business English will be a prerequisite.
- Excellent it skills (internet, email, word, excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in HR and administration
- Experience in customer centric roles.
- Planning and execution skills required.
- People management and development skills
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft office
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Enjoy working with people
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
Starting KES 30,000/= Gross per month.
Method of Application
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th February, 2017. Note that due to the urgency in recruiting for this position CVs will be evaluated as they come.
- Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
- Applications not meeting the minimum requirements and not following the instructions given will not be considered
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Indepth Research Services (IRES)Similar Jobs
- HR Account Officer at Aurum Consultants
- Job Opportunities at Versed Professional Services - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Brites Management - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at Alternate Doors - 5 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Lafayette Resources - 2 Positions
- Job Openings at Duma Works - 2 Positions
- Latest Recruitment at CA Global
- Job Vacancies at Impact Basics