, headquartered in the Netherlands and established in 2000, is one of the leading Outsourcing & Workforce Management Companies to the Global Energy industry. WTS Supplies Manpower, Recruitment, Outsourcing Services in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. WTS Energy works on all Energy projects, Oil & Gas and Renewables. We have access to the entire global skill pool of energy specialists and have local knowledge and associations in different regions for efficient operational support. We have registered offices in 17 countries such as Netherlands, UAE, Nigeria, Mozambique, Gabon, Jordan, Yemen, Iraq, Kurdistan, Germany, UK, Serbia, US, Canada, India, Malaysia, and Singapore. Specialties Oil and Gas Recruitment, Manpower Supply for Oil & Gas Industry, Project Recruitment Campaigns, Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Workforce Management, Employment Solutions for new regions, Operations Support, Contract Staffing, Permanent Hire
Skills / Background:
- Strong finance / project development background
- Experience handling water projects is an added advantage
- MA / MSC thinking level
- Self-starting, hands-on
- Strong personality
- Development skills
- Able to make connections
- Strong relationship skills
- Presentation skills
- Reporting skills
- Strong budgeting and control skills
- Contract (with staff and clients) management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and people
- Preferably Kenya knowledge, Swahili, experience in the water sector
Overall responsibility of this role is to drive the company's sustainable commercial expansion in Kenya and the effective management of its operation, including resources and brand.
Key responsibilities include;
New Business development and company's representation
- New Business development and sales growth in collaboration with the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Promotion of the brand in the Kenya market through maintaining and establishing linkages with current and new clients.
- Representation of the organisation at key networking functions and hosting in house client/stakeholders visits to the facility.
- Continuously reviewing and modifying sales, marketing and digital marketing strategy to increase market share of the company's products.
- Overseeing the development of new products and reviewing production processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness as well as ensuring effective stock controls.
- Liaison with CEO in implementing strategy.
Financial & Compliance Responsibility
- Ultimately accountable for all assets and resources, all financial matters, including budget management and reviewing and approving the monthly management accounts.
- Working closely with the Accountant and relevant service providers on all aspects related to finance and legal compliance.
- Ensuring adherence to and compliance with the financial guidelines as per the company's Financial Manual and Kenya statutory law.
- Ensuring proper cash flow management.
- Overseeing annual audit processes, including both financial and supplier/client audits.
- Ensuring that comprehensive and timely reports are produced and circulated in advance of board meeting and defend the financial data at board meetings.
Management of social programmes and achievement of organisation’s social objectives
- Liaising with CEO in developing, implementing and monitoring health and quality of life programmes.
- Exploring opportunities for Kenya-based funding for social programmes.
- Identifying and developing relationships with beneficiary organisations for ball donations.
- Developing partnerships with local and international organizations to ensure they meet targets around ball donations.
Recruiting, supporting, mentoring, managing and developing Team Leaders and a competent workforce committed to achieving company's objectives.
- Ultimate decision making on compliance and staffing issues ensuring statutory compliance and adherence to Kenyan labour laws.
- Promoting positive staff environment and staff welfare.
- Maintaining effective communication channels with Board and organise quarterly board meetings.
- Develop and foster relationships with the media and represent the organisation by participating in press interviews.
- Liaison with other country managers and sharing best practices.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Related Job Experience/Qualifications:
At least 5 plus years’ experience in a senior management position within a business or for profit social enterprise, with a Bachelors in Business development/Marketing or related discipline.
Skills & Competencies required.
- Demonstrable ability to identify and finalise new sales; proven ability to grow year on year sales of a given product/sales channel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with key people in government, the private and third sectors
- Passionate & Optimistic about the social enterprise space, specifically the company's vision and objectives.
- Have a strong sense of self‐efficacy and empathy.
- Proven creative and innovative skills; ability to see and make connections.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Strong marketing experience including digital marketing.
- Experience of managing staff; proven ability to lead a team to achieve a designated outcome.
- Proven ability to learn new business practices.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.