Country Director Job at HealthRight International
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at HealthRight International
HealthRight International is a global health and human rights organization. HealthRight was founded in 1990 by physician and human rights advocate Dr. Jonathan Mann
Working closely with HealthRight’s headquarters in NY, the Kenya Country Director will oversee the expansion of HealthRights’s engagement in Kenya, including projects dedicated to strengthening local health systems and empowering marginalized communities.
1. Lead the ongoing development of HealthRight’s presence in Kenya.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with local, regional and international funders, partners, I/NGOs, and government agencies to identify opportunities for funding, consortium development, and collaborative/complementary programming.
- Serve as liaison between HealthRight and donor agencies in Kenya; attend county and national level Ministry of Health planning meetings to advance HealthRight project priorities.
- Work closely with HQ to help develop the country office’s vision, goals, and programs.
- Expand and enhance HealthRight’s engagement in Kenya, and assist HealthRight in designing, staffing and implementing new projects and partnerships.
- Work closely with HQ and field-based staff to identify and respond to requests for proposals, expressions of interest, and letters of intent.
- Manage communications and public relations regarding HealthRight’s activities in Kenya, including promotion of organizational project achievements and lessons learned in Kenya.
2. Provide oversight of country operations.
- Maintain compliance with all donor and HealthRight’s internal operational policies and train local staff in these as appropriate.
- Provide careful financial management for projects through budgeting, monitoring spending and resource utilization, and ensuring the overall fiscal health and responsibility of the office;
- Ensure timely financial and program reporting for all Kenya-based projects.
- Keep abreast of local political developments, especially from a security perspective, and continuously exchange such information with local and HQ-based staff.
- Participate in weekly project strategy calls with HQ-based project staff.
- Advanced degree in a public health-related field or similar background.
- > 7 years of experience in global public health and proven track record in managing programs for one of the priority populations: at-risk adolescents, women and children, migrants or sexual minorities.
- > 3-5 years of senior leadership in sub-Saharan Africa, with a strong preference for prior experience in Kenya.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business development in the global health space, financial management and fiscal responsibility.
- Strong record of relationship building and working closely with Kenyan ministry, public and private donors, I/NGO and community stakeholders.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work effectively across language and cultural barriers.
- Excellent written, public speaking and verbal communication skills.
- Current residence in Kenya is strongly preferred, with ability to travel domestically and regionally.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Kiswahili a plus).
- Demonstrated experience building a happy and productive team.
Method of Application
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about HealthRight InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager at Mercy Corps
- Career Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Project Officer, Resource of Open Minds (R.O.O.M) at Hivos People
- Job Opportunities at International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - ICIPE
- SQL Server DBA at Save the Children International
- Contract and Procurement Officer at FHI 360
- Consultancy: Develop a Social Protection Strategy for Mombasa County - UNICEF
- Regional Operations & Supply Chain Manager at Jibu