The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a five year USAID program implemented by the State University of New York’s (SUNY) Center for International Development (CID). AHADI is funded by both USAID and DFID.
Position Summary: To provide the Finance Manager with financial and administrative support including: processing and tracking all income and expenditure, enforcing compliance, inputting transactions onto the accounting system, maintaining books and records, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting
- A minimum of CPA Part 2
- At least three years’ accounting experience in for profit or non-profit organization.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Three years’ experience in financial accounting or bookkeeping;
- Experience working using Oracle as a financial management system preferred;
- Previous auditing experience highly sought;
- Previous experience working in Kenya highly sought;
- Knowledge of local tax laws;
- USAID experience a plus;
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under challenging conditions;
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a team.
The incumbent will report to the Finance Manager. S/he will:
- Work under the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Processes all income and expenditure transactions; settling invoices, receipts, payments,
- Managing all financial documents and records.
- Managing vendor accounts, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Facilitate the disbursement of funds for grants and ensure proper supporting documentation is provided and other grants-related activities as required.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial reconciliations and submission to home office.
- Remittance of taxes exemption request to relevant authorities.
- Assists with coordination of audit and related risk management/internal control activities.
- Enforces SUNY/CID and USAID rules and regulations at all times during transactions, ensuring and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting: Reports directly to the Finance Manager
Method of Application
If you possess the skills and qualifications as contained in the respective position descriptions, please send (1) a Cover letter (2) CV and (3) References from three Professional Referees, one referee should be previous or current supervisor to email@example.com
Closing date: 10th February 2017.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the subject line for the position you are applying for.
Applications without the subject line will not be evaluated.
SUNY-AHADI is an equal opportunities employer.