· A Bachelors degree in Education, (Special Needs Education) with preferably the following subject combinations:
1. Mathematics / Physics
2. Biology / Chemistry
3. English /Literature
4. Geography/ Business Studies
· 3 years’ experience teaching students with Hearing Impairments in a Secondary School with proven performance and outstanding results.
· Registered with the Teachers Service Commission
· Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point).
· A strong passion and commitment to work with and for persons with disabilities.**
· Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
· Flexible, with ability to work handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
· Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in a difficult work environment
· Strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work cooperatively with staff and students from diverse cultures
· Previous experience working with an NGO is preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree in Education, (Special Needs Education) with preferably the following subject combinations:
Agriculture / Biology
History / Religion
Must possess good mastery of braille (both written & read)
· 3 years’ experience teaching students with Visual Impairments in a secondary school with proven performance and outstanding results
· Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
· Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines
This position is field based and a non- family workstation. Dadaab lies at security level 4.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send, your resume and a 1- Page covering letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications quoting reference number 2/17 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Department, Windle Trust Kenya, P.O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi on or before Wednesday 8th February 2017.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WTK is an equal opportunity employer. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.