Finance & Accounting Analyst Job at Cytonn Investments
Posted on: 13 February, 2017
Deadline: 17 February, 2017
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Cytonn Investments
is an investments and real estate company, with offices in Nairobi - Kenya and DC Metro area - U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our alternative investments solutions are based on four main products: real estate, structured solutions, private equity and advisory. Most of the investment opportunities in Sub Saharan Africa are not in the listed markets, hence our focus on alternative investments to find uncommon value and returns for our clients.
Responsibilities for the Finance & Accounting Analyst Job
- Documenting the accounting process to develop an accounting manual that shall guide the entities in their day-to-day activities.
- Managing the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and accurate ledger cards as well as promptly settlement of the suppliers’ payments in line with the company policy.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable function to ensure accurate and timely billing as well as collections.
- Continuous vouching of the entities Trial Balance to correct possible errors and to verify the General Ledger accounts balances at all time.
- Maintain fixed assets registers and ensure that companies assets are not misused and that their existence is verifiable at all times.
- Computation of sales recognition for our Real Estate projects to and calculate accordingly the amount chargeable as Investment Properties and capital work in progress as per the requirements of the IFRS.
- Closely liaise with the Real Estate team to follow up on the progress of the projects in order to advise the management on the accounting treatment of the respective transactions on real time basis.
- In liaison with the Head of Department, come up with corporate budget to guide the entities into a controlled spending culture.
- Preparation of cash flow projections to help the company manage well its cash flows while meeting its obligations with other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of accurate and timely consolidated monthly management accounts and presenting them to the business committees in the prescribed manner.
- Periodically liaising with the external auditors to ensure professional opinion on complex accounting matters is solicited and adjusting our operations accordingly. Also ensuring interim and final audit are completed on timely basis to have audited accounts concluded as per the company’s policy.
- Ensure the entities under management are compliant with all taxation and other regulatory requirements. These includes PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, VAT and WHT.
- Ensure all documentation are filed correctly.
- Continuously identify areas of policy and operational improvement in area of operation.
- Train and assist others within a team environment.
- Assist in other assigned tasks.
Finance & Accounting Analyst Job Qualifications
- CPAK / ACCA.
- Business related degree with upper second class honours.
- At least three years’ experience in similar position.
Method of Application
Deadline for submission of applications is 17th February 2017
Interested and qualified? Go to Cytonn Investments career website on www.cytonn.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Cytonn InvestmentsSimilar Jobs
- Sales Representative at Corporate Staffing
- Motorbike Rider at Rama Group