World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of the Position: The position will manage an efficient procurement support system in East Africa Regional Office, to procure goods and services in accordance with the World Vision East Africa Regional Office (WV EARO) and World Vision Kenya laid down systems, procedures and guideline.
- Receive incoming requisitions and responsible for registering the same into the requisition register and in the order tracking tool.
- Draft and obtain quotations/or open tenders where necessary and prepare local purchase orders.
- Provide secretariat services to the East Africa Regional Office Procurement committee.
- Sit in the central tender committee whenever East Africa Regional Office purchase is being discussed.
- Participate in supplier pre- qualification exercise and processes including developing of World Vision East Africa Regional Office approved list of contractors and maintaining vendor database with accurate and current information.
- Responsible for supplier performance record, monitoring quality and service levels with overall objective of improvement of delivery of goods and services.
- Prepare and submit VAT documents to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and follow up with KRA.
- Handle and co-ordinate imports and exports and maintain a register for the same.
- Responsible for processing of all invoices related to procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain systematic filling of records for all procurement documentation and ensure the filling is always updated and easily understood by all.
- Responsible for preparation and drafting of all contract documents in accordance to World Vision procurement policy and legal requirements.
- Maintain contract files, and update contract database.
- Receiving goods with the user departments.
Carry out any other additional responsibilities as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
The position includes a great variety of assignments, which must be undertaken with minimal supervision.
- Diploma in business management or Degree in Business Administration/Commerce/Economics.
- Professional qualifications or any other recognized certification in supply chain management.
- Membership to professional body is desirable e.g KISM/ CIPS.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the supply chain management field.
- Current computer applications including MS-Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
- Sound public relations are essential along with business acumen.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly chapel services.
- Adhere to WVI security protocols
- Integrity and accountability are key in this position.
- Perform other duties as required.
Work Environment / Travel: The position is office based
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply