Career Opportunities at World Vision - 2 Positions
Posted on: 3 July, 2017
Deadline: 11 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Vision Kenya
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Chief of Party Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of program activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that WV and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Ensure grant management compliance for the project in alignment with donor and WV regulations.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Supervise a team of senior level international and national staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas.
- Develop and maintain and adequate human resource plan to ensure proper technical capacity to manage project work.
Qualifications for the Chief of Party Job
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Horticulture or related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in managing large (at least $10 million), complex value chain or agribusiness projects with an expertise in production agricultural economics, market intelligence or related.
- Experience as a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director or similar management experience for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs or other funding agencies (Global Fund and other multilateral agencies, their policies and regulations.
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing a Feed the Future projects or other large donor projects involving coordination with multiple program partners or institutions in Kenya or the region.
- Experience with inclusive market systems, women’s empowerment programming, and/or the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is an added advantage.
- Experience managing sub grants and contracts under grants for complex projects
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local Kenyan languages (i.e. Swahili and other local languages).
- Excellent past performance references (Three contacts should be provided with e- mail address, phone, title, name).
M & E and Collaborating Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop and update framework for grant M & E and CLA in accordance to the grant design document and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project’s interventions are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, learning and documentation.
- Participate in development of the annual work plan and budgets, ensuring alignment with technical approach and Technical program.
- Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to USAID and WV Partnership standards.
- Ensure that Sub grantees demonstrate required M & E capacity and produce quality M & E reports.
- Ensure that core information for grant management, partners, and funding agencies is available.
- Identify the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange the conducting of a baseline survey, as required.
- Clarify and facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees.
- Oversee and execute M & E and CLA activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as lesson learnt.
Qualifications for the M & E and Collaborating Specialist Job
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of practical experience in managing performance monitoring plans, evaluation, collaboration and learning, and measuring systemic change
- Demonstrated practical experience in using monitoring, evaluation and learning activities to inform activity implementation and results
- Technical expertise in a field related to gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management, and learning
- Experience in strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with Feed the Future project will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with using the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is an added advantage
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings (in English).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Vision KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Consultant at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opening at CARE International
- HR and Administration Manager at International NGO Safety organisation (INSO)
- Director, Operations at Palladium Group
- Supply Chain Director at Penda Health
- Field Officers at sQuid Kenya Limited
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children International Kenya - 3 Positions
- Job Vacancies at UNICEF Kenya (United Nations Children Fund)