Career Opportunities at World Vision - 2 Positions
Posted on: 3 July, 2017
Deadline: 11 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Chief of Party Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of program activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that WV and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Ensure grant management compliance for the project in alignment with donor and WV regulations.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Supervise a team of senior level international and national staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas.
- Develop and maintain and adequate human resource plan to ensure proper technical capacity to manage project work.
Qualifications for the Chief of Party Job
- Must possess a Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Horticulture or related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in managing large (at least $10 million), complex value chain or agribusiness projects with an expertise in production agricultural economics, market intelligence or related.
- Experience as a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director or similar management experience for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs or other funding agencies (Global Fund and other multilateral agencies, their policies and regulations.
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing a Feed the Future projects or other large donor projects involving coordination with multiple program partners or institutions in Kenya or the region.
- Experience with inclusive market systems, women’s empowerment programming, and/or the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is an added advantage.
- Experience managing sub grants and contracts under grants for complex projects
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local Kenyan languages (i.e. Swahili and other local languages).
- Excellent past performance references (Three contacts should be provided with e- mail address, phone, title, name).
M & E and Collaborating Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop and update framework for grant M & E and CLA in accordance to the grant design document and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project’s interventions are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, learning and documentation.
- Participate in development of the annual work plan and budgets, ensuring alignment with technical approach and Technical program.
- Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to USAID and WV Partnership standards.
- Ensure that Sub grantees demonstrate required M & E capacity and produce quality M & E reports.
- Ensure that core information for grant management, partners, and funding agencies is available.
- Identify the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange the conducting of a baseline survey, as required.
- Clarify and facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees.
- Oversee and execute M & E and CLA activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as lesson learnt.
Qualifications for the M & E and Collaborating Specialist Job
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of practical experience in managing performance monitoring plans, evaluation, collaboration and learning, and measuring systemic change
- Demonstrated practical experience in using monitoring, evaluation and learning activities to inform activity implementation and results
- Technical expertise in a field related to gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management, and learning
- Experience in strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with Feed the Future project will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with using the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is an added advantage
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings (in English).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Vision KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Country Director, Kenya Country Program at PATH International
- Senior African Communications Associate at One Acre Fund
- IT Support Specialist at Samasource
- Senior Project Officer: Gender Based Violence at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Logistics/Security Manager at Adventist Development and Relief Agency International
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Director at Marie Stopes International
- HR Audit- Short Term Consultant at Islamic Relief
- Education in Emergencies Specialist at Save the Children International