Founded in 1987 by the Chedda family, Kenafric Industries
Limited is one of the largest manufacturers of Confectionery, Food, Footwear, and Stationery products in Kenya. Kenafric employs over 1500 people directly and touches the lives of more than 7500 people indirectly. The vision of the founders and relentless hard work over 25 years has given Kenafric a unique platform to grow tremendously in the African markets. Read More
Reports To: Chief Accountant
Main Purpose of this Position: To initiate payments as per payment terms and plan
Key Deliverables for this Position
- To ensure vendors are paid as per payment terms and plan.
- To ensure Directors personal payments are done as advised.
- To ensure statutory deductions payments are done before deadline date.
- Executing the departmental strategy through processes and procedures/standard achieve the institutions objectives
- Preparation of monthly local payment plan for all vendors by projecting and assigning payable vendor dues week by week throughout the month.
- Writing and issuing checks based on payment plan for review and confirmation by chief accountant and or financial controller.
- Handling supplier queries relating to payments, by providing remittances and advising/arranging on the payments plan for due invoices
- Ensuring payroll deductions and other statutory obligations are paid on time according to approved schedules.
- Ensuring that Director’s utilities and other bills are settled on due dates.
- Custodian of check books and update counter foils.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices in manufacturing & respective areas of work
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Direct Reports: N/A
- Supply Chain
- Human Resource
- Insurance Depart
Job / Functional Skills
- Keen on Details
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Quick learner.
- Customer Centric
- Continuous improvement
- At-least 1 year (s) relevant experience
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your application letter and CV quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts Assistant-Payables) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July 2017.