Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will interact with their clients on a daily basis to ensure that excellent customer service is delivered by the brand consultants and therapists.
Retail Shop Manager Job Responsibilities
- In charge of driving sales through your team by creating and maintaining an atmosphere geared to achieving sales, profits and goals.
- Meet with staff individually, to set goals and monitor overall performance. Develop their skills in respective areas. Identify training required.
- Resolve customer issues and requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create weekly work schedule for the staff members. Ascertaining that staff adheres to company policies in terms of reporting times, attitude and behaviour at work. Liaising with the HR team in case of any major disciplinary concerns.
- Responsible for the managing and ordering of stock through a supply chain. Ensure that the inventory levels are sufficient on a month to month basis.
- Control all store expenses within the budget guidelines and petty cash policies.
- Keeping communication lines with the Head Office team and generating monthly reports on sales and all the in-store activities.
- Collaborating with the Inventory department to manage inventory, asset and cash management by adhering to set company policies.
- With support from the Marketing team, help run in-store promotions and activations as well as initiating special events.
- Preserve merchandising, display, and showroom hygiene standards and guidelines.
- Handling any corporate clients and/or handing them over to trade sales.
- Ensuring the sales team keeps up with trends utilizing the talent management team to constantly develop skills thus being a market leader in an evolving beauty industry.
- Reporting directly to the Retail Sales & Operations Lead.
Qualifications for the Retail Shop Manager Job
- Have a University degree/ diploma, or equivalent (3 years retail sales management experience).
- Sales background in service/luxury industry. Can engage customers, sell with various tactics, handle conflicts with customers.
- Ability to manage a team, develop and oversee business processes.
- Have a passion for the cosmetic industry and willing to develop your skills.
- Able to engage, sell to and satisfy high income, knowledgeable, luxury oriented customers. Can design
- promotions to drive sales. Results & target driven.
- Able to motivate and support a team to reach targets through diligence and creativity.
- Able to handle conflicts with staff and with customers.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about cosmetic trends.
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can quickly compile reports in Excel, Word, pull advanced reports from CRM, ERP or POS systems.
- Results oriented and strong ‘winning’ and ‘owner’ attitude.
go to method of application »
We are a leading Frozen Foods Company based in Nairobi. We are looking for a trustworthy Accountant to help us build our business activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining company accounts and report to the company director. The accounting aspect of the role is expected to take 50% of the individual’s time with the remainder time to be focused on sales.
The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with great people skills and strong in persuading and negotiating.
Accounting Job Responsibilities
- Send monthly client statements & follow up on cheque payments
- Knowledge and able user of Quickbooks and Tally
- Required to liaise with international suppliers and manage import process, including IDF, payments, customs duty / vat, etc
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other
- Liaise with the Directors to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Director
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements
- Review and query petty cash payments
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
Requirements for the Accounting Job
- Proven experience as an accountant or relevant role
- Understanding& Background of the Food and Beverage industry, ideally with an established network
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office
- Understanding of KRA systems with regards to VAT payments, etc
- Self-motivated and results-driven approach
- High school Degree
- Ability to network
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2927”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2927 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 21 July 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.