Indepth Research Services (IRES) Kenya is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Key Responsibilities in Training
· Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
· Creation or modification of required training modules
· Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
· Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
· Design and prepare educational aids and materials
· Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Knowledge of Public Service in Kenya & Conversant with Human Rights Laws.
· Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
· Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
· Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
· Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
· Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
· MS Office proficiency
· Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels (client, sales, program managers, supervisors, and agents)
· Previous assessment experience and training evaluation
· Training evaluation techniques
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
· A Masters Degree in Social Sciences
· Minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related field/position.
· Teaching/training experience in Leadership & Governance will be an added advantage
· Must be proficient with Ms Office including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
· Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
· Ability to keep up with new technology
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
· Self motivated;
· Attention to detail;
· Adaptability and reliability
· Willingness to Travel outside Kenya
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant. This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from July 2017.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply. Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 21st July 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.