Career Opportunities at Terre des hommes Foundation
Posted on: 21 July, 2017
Deadline: 31 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Terre des hommes (TDH)
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an international NGO focused on Child Rights and Child Protection.
- The Community Mobilisation and Behaviour Change Officer will be responsible for specific community mobilisation and behaviour change components of the project.
- He/she is supported by the Senior Behaviour Change Officer with the aim of establishing sustainable child protection structures at the family level and empowering the community to promote behaviour change through mentorship and training.
- He/she leads in the transfer of positive and essential behavior knowledge, and attitudes and practices to children, parents/caregivers and community groups, specifically: the Nyumba Kumi cells, the Zero tolerance youth for child protection, girls within the girls mentorship program, and other groups as may be identified during the project period that work to promote child protection within the Korogocho project.
- Provides follow-up and monitoring support to ensure beneficiaries/participants of behaviour change interventions initiated under the project have consistent application of tasks and activities designed by the project to enhance healing and resilience.
- He/she assists in the mobilisation, involvement and participation of various community groups, at community level in prevention and response activities.
- He/she organizes and leads awareness sessions for communities, families and individuals on topics related to child protection and supports the CP cluster leaders and mentors to reach out to individual households.
- He/she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Protection Safeguarding Policy.
- Terre des hommes expects that its staff professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. He/she assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
- Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. He will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
- He/she commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organisation functioning and beneficiary related issues.
- Certificate/Diploma in Community development and social work
- A minimum of 2 years of practical experience in developing and implementing community mobilisation and behaviour change interventions in an informal settlement.
- Basic knowledge on child protection
- Practical experience in identifying barriers to behaviour change and developing innovative ways of addressing them.
- Basic documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good with people and people processes
- Excellent knowledge and application of Koch Sheng
- Good knowledge of the Korogocho community and familiarity with its people and physical location
- Willingness to work flex time and especially evening hours and weekends
go to method of application »
- To be responsible, under the supervision of the Child Protection Programme Manager Kenya, for all aspects of the implementation of the Child Protection project in Dadaab region (Hagadera).
- To be directly in charge of all Tdh project and activity leads even where team leads are supported under complementary funding sources other than BPRM.
- Mentor and train all CP staff and provide them appropriate and necessary support to ensure the full and effective implementation of Tdh projects in the camp.
- To coordinate with the project leads of programme activities to ensure regular assessment of project needs and adequate standards of service provision are met.
- To develop collaboration and participate in coordination with UNHCR, other UN agencies, and International, and the local agencies and authorities such as the Sub- County Children Officer, parents, operational partners.
- Minimum university degree in related field (Psychology, Sociology, Child Rights/Child Development Studies, Social Work).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing or coordinating the implementation of projects supporting children
- Experience working in a complex refugee program environment or in refugee settings and managing child protection in emergencies settings is a plus
- Experience with Behaviour Change techniques and approaches required
- Experience in efficient and frugal management of project funds required
- Team management experience (60 subordinates)
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Hands-on experience in training and mentorship of staff
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Method of Application
The Application can be emailed to email@example.com - Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail - only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted. Closing date for these positions is 31st July 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are specifically encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Terre des hommes (TDH)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Career Opportunities at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) - 5 Positions
- Consultant at CTG Global
- Job Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council
- Programme Coordinator at Welthungerhilfe
- Program Assistant at OSIEA
- Coordinator at Civil Society Forum
- Communication Internships at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)