The company was incorporated in 1982 by the Al Fateem Group of Dubai and was later acquired by Kenyans in 1988. Kenya Orient Insurance was then formed in 2004 after a transfer of ownership from the previous proprietors to its current owners. We have since enjoyed steady growth as a company and are fast becoming a force to reckon with in the industry.
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for the Company's branch Operations, implementation of sound underwriting practices and driving sales and offering seamless customer experience.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring strict adherence to the cash and carry policy as per company guidelines
- Ensuring that all company monies are receipted and banked as per company guidelines
- Monitoring bounced cheques and taking appropriate action
- Ensuring all IPF’s are reviewed.
- Signing of accountable documents.
- Custodian of company assets and all accountable documents in the branch.
- Enforcing the set underwriting guidelines and ensuring adherence to set ISO standards.
- Day to day administration of the branch operations.
- Implementing the branch sales strategies.
- Recruiting, training growing new intermediaries.
- Reviewing business retention and profitability reports and taking corrective action and preparing reports on the same
- Ensuring renewal notices and renewal prelists are sent out on time, preparing reports on business retention.
- Supervising and staff development
- Motivating and talent management of staff.
- Ensuring all business is booked in the system on a timely manner and authorized as per company guidelines.
- Coordinating marketing drives and marketing activities for the branch and regularly submitting the periodic reports.
- Vetting of risks before they are accepted in the company books.
- Participating in building and enhancing good public image through various public relations initiatives.
- Validating all claims and ensuring that they are promptly communicated to the Claims Department and supporting documents submitted.
- Soliciting and negotiating special incentives to top performing intermediaries
- Leading and motivating the branch team to ensure achievement of branch objectives in alignment with company strategy
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- ACII or equivalent
- 5 years’ in managing retail operations
- Knowledge in Claims, Underwriting and pricing
- Risk perception and assessment
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to build relationships, innovative, analytical thinking and customer orientation.
The position is responsible for opening new claims and processing of non-legal Claims in line with the company policy
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Open and acknowledge new claims
• Appoint service providers within the set benchmarks, review their reports and process claims as necessary.
• Initiate recovery from negligent third parties and promptly hand file to Legal Section for follow ups.
• Ensure payment to policyholders and service providers within stipulated company benchmarks.
• Maintain registers and adequate claims reserves.
• Respond to correspondence and/or queries relating to claims falling under area of responsibility.
• Make recommendations on settlements of claims falling under area of responsibility.
• Prepare claims reports e.g. monthly theft report, monthly salvage report and any other reports which may be required from time to time.
• Deputize the Claims Supervisor
• Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Pass in at least two ACII papers or equivalent
• Two years relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Orient Insurance Limited career website on docs.google.com to apply