If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The company was incorporated in 1982 by the Al Fateem Group of Dubai and was later acquired by Kenyans in 1988. Kenya Orient Insurance was then formed in 2004 after a transfer of ownership from the previous proprietors to its current owners. We have since enjoyed steady growth as a company and are fast becoming a force to reckon with in the industry.
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for the Company's branch Operations, implementation of sound underwriting practices and driving sales and offering seamless customer experience.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring strict adherence to the cash and carry policy as per company guidelines
- Ensuring that all company monies are receipted and banked as per company guidelines
- Monitoring bounced cheques and taking appropriate action
- Ensuring all IPF’s are reviewed.
- Signing of accountable documents.
- Custodian of company assets and all accountable documents in the branch.
- Enforcing the set underwriting guidelines and ensuring adherence to set ISO standards.
- Day to day administration of the branch operations.
- Implementing the branch sales strategies.
- Recruiting, training growing new intermediaries.
- Reviewing business retention and profitability reports and taking corrective action and preparing reports on the same
- Ensuring renewal notices and renewal prelists are sent out on time, preparing reports on business retention.
- Supervising and staff development
- Motivating and talent management of staff.
- Ensuring all business is booked in the system on a timely manner and authorized as per company guidelines.
- Coordinating marketing drives and marketing activities for the branch and regularly submitting the periodic reports.
- Vetting of risks before they are accepted in the company books.
- Participating in building and enhancing good public image through various public relations initiatives.
- Validating all claims and ensuring that they are promptly communicated to the Claims Department and supporting documents submitted.
- Soliciting and negotiating special incentives to top performing intermediaries
- Leading and motivating the branch team to ensure achievement of branch objectives in alignment with company strategy
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- ACII or equivalent
- 5 years’ in managing retail operations
- Knowledge in Claims, Underwriting and pricing
- Risk perception and assessment
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to build relationships, innovative, analytical thinking and customer orientation.
The position is responsible for opening new claims and processing of non-legal Claims in line with the company policy
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Open and acknowledge new claims
• Appoint service providers within the set benchmarks, review their reports and process claims as necessary.
• Initiate recovery from negligent third parties and promptly hand file to Legal Section for follow ups.
• Ensure payment to policyholders and service providers within stipulated company benchmarks.
• Maintain registers and adequate claims reserves.
• Respond to correspondence and/or queries relating to claims falling under area of responsibility.
• Make recommendations on settlements of claims falling under area of responsibility.
• Prepare claims reports e.g. monthly theft report, monthly salvage report and any other reports which may be required from time to time.
• Deputize the Claims Supervisor
• Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Pass in at least two ACII papers or equivalent
• Two years relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Orient Insurance Limited career website on docs.google.com to apply