Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
Scope: As a BPI Manager – Finance and Controlling you will be responsible for the design of new business requirements and the improvement of current processes. Participate in the planning and implementation of related processes in collaboration with IT and Business partners.
In FI the modules used are – Asset Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger.
In CO the modules used are – Overhead Management (inc. Cost Center Accounting), Product Costing, Profit Center Accounting, and Profitability Analysis.
You will actively participate in the SAP rollout projects and will be responsible for analysing, training and implementing system relevant Finance & Controlling procedures in line with Best Practice processes currently in place.
You will be under the direct guidance of the BPI – Project Manager Finance and Controlling.
- Analyse, improve, design and manage implementation of new/changed processes in the area of Finance and Controlling focusing on the ERP system usage
- Write business requirement specification for new system changes and enhancement
- Manage projects/initiatives in the area of Finance and Controlling for Europe, liaising with Global, Divisional and Regional teams
- Manage and support interface of Finance and Controlling with all other functional areas ensuring adherence with Global guidelines and Internal Controls.
- Develop and document processes, functions, training documentation and procedures for Finance and Controlling modules
- Act as an interface between the SAP central team and end users representing the user community at European level
- Proactively identify potential problems, analyse information and show quality judgment in decision making
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Finance Degree or equivalent is an advantage
- Proficient written and oral English is a must. English and French for Senegal and Ivory Coast area.
- Knowledge of Financial ERP system (preferably SAP) as a key/advanced user or business analysis is a must.
- Strong knowledge of operational Finance and Controlling processes gained as business analyst, Financial system key user or as a consultant in a multinational company preferably using SAP
- Ability to manage multiple projects with the flexibility to adapt to a fast changing environment and targets
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications like Outlook, Word, Excel. Knowledge of Visio and Access are a plus
- French will be an added advantage
- Self-starter, good team player and capable to meet deadlines in a challenging situation or under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects with the flexibility to adapt to an fast changing environment and targets
- Good organizational and communication skills, capability to communicate effectively both to managers and end users
- Capability to work independently and to lead projects in a matrix organisation
- Capability to build and maintain strong relationships with other team members and departments
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to pay attention to details without losing sight of the big picture
- Customer Focus
Other: Availability to travel up appx. 50% of the time
go to method of application »
Member of the group Africa SAP Competence Center, responsible to support our SAP system and deliver system solutions in a timely manner in the areas of Finance & Controlling and Reporting:
- Actively participate and support core gg template rollouts to African entities
- Address requirements coming from the business community through change requests and implement/configure solutions in the system
- Provide L2&L3 support to the business users
- Process tickets that have been escalated to Level 3 in collaboration with Level 2
- Ensure overall solution and SAP value flows standardization across all business units with proper IT governance based on Group Finance & Controlling Strategy and governance rules
In more details:
- Lead business Fit/Gap Blueprint/Process workshops in Finance & Controlling areas and integration with Logistics domains;
- Assess/document potential gaps between business requirements and global template.
- Responsible for enhancements to Finance & Controlling module global template: global communication and coordination of design, realization, IT / Business testing, cut-over and go-live
- Configure SAP R/3 system in Finance & Controlling modules
- Keep solution documentation up to date
- Conduct IT system testing;
- Design and execute functional and integration test plans with Business;
- Support Business User Acceptance testing and signoff
- Prepare production cutover plan in FICO area: advise on strategies/best practices for migration to production;
- Support all integration efforts and issue fixing related to Sales and Distribution, Supply Chain, Production, Finance and Business Warehouse
- Act as IT Lead of Roll-outs and Enhancements projects to Finance & Controlling
- At least 5 successful full SAP implementation cycles in Finance & Controlling modules
- At least 5 years supporting SAP FICO in the areas of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Banks, Fixed Assets, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting
- CO base knowledge of Profitability Analysis
- Experience in LSMW and data migration is a must
- Experience in Report Painter and Queries is a must
- Exposure to Oracle Hyperion (HFM) and Group/Consolidation reporting is a plus
- Basic ABAP development experience is a plus
- Accounting /Finance Business background
- IFRS Knowledge is a plus
- Around 60% travel required, often on short notice
- Fluent in English and French
- Good communication and coordination skills
Method of Application
If you believe that your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 18th August 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E-mail: email@example.com clearly marking – “BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER” or “SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST” Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.