If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CARE International is a major humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects.
REF: PC/10/2017 (Dadaab Office)
Reporting to the Director of Humanitarian Assistance & Refugee Operations, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for identifying reliable and viable suppliers. The incumbent will ensure project materials/Services are procured in accordance with CARE Kenya Procurement manual and donor regulations and are of the required quality. The job holder will be responsible for preparation and update of the procurement status report (PRT) and make follow-ups with Nairobi Office on purchases made and expedite on deliveries to Dadaab. She/he will ensure the efficient procurement of goods and services including consultancy contracts, timeliness, and to monitor Dadaab procurement to identify problems and provide solutions to any procurement issues. Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of purchasing officers and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
Detailed Job description for these positions can be viewed at www.care.or.ke
go to method of application »
REF: PA/09/2017. (Dadaab Office)
CARE International in Kenya is looking for well organized and highly motivated Kenyan Nationals who are result-oriented to fill the position of Programme Accountant - REF: PA/09/2017 to based in Dadaab Office.
Contract period: October 2017 to 31st March 2018
The position is responsible for preparing donor Reports, Custodian of Donor agreements and educating Program and Support staff on donor guidelines. It will support in preparing of Monthly Expenditure Statements, budgeting, and Budget Tracking. Invoicing for various services rendered by the RAP Program. Will be responsible for monitoring, recording and reporting on commodities donated as contributions in Kind (CIK) by donors and ensure that entries in the commodity tracking system (CTS) are correct
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Preparing donor Reports, Custodian of Donor agreements and educating Program and Support staff on donor guidelines.
- Prepare donor reports as per various donor agreements.
- Ensure deadlines are adhered to in preparation of donor reports.
- Guide RAP Budget holders and the finance unit on the guidelines of the various donors funding the program. Ensure that the finance unit is adhering to donor requirements all the time.
- Ensure dully signed agreements are properly filed and Fund codes are issued before projects implementation
- Track all project changes (In terms of emails, Communications from donors both in soft copies and hard copies).
- Work with the Programme compliance unit and ensure copies of programme reports are also kept
- by the finance unit for all the running projects.
- Prepare expenditure statements for the various fund codes immediately on receipt of data from
- Head Office after every end month closure.
- Identify expenditure items that need to be reallocated and ensure that the adjusting journal entries (AJE’s) are prepared, authorized and keyed into the Financial System.
- Preparation of budgets and guidance on Budget Tracking.
- Together with the Finance Manager take the key lead in budget preparation for RAP Program.
- Prepare Budget Tracking tools for various fund codes once budgets are approved and agreements are signed by donors.
- Train (new) sector heads and acting officers on budget tracking.
- Offer constant assistance/ guidance to budget holders/ sector heads on budget tracking.
- Do a thorough monthly analysis of all budget lines and issue monthly alerts to major issues of concern (over/under expenditures) to RAP management and budget holders.
- Invoicing for various services rendered by the RAP Program.
- Ensure accuracy of support documents before preparing invoices.
- Ensure timely dispatch of the invoices
- Follow up on payments
- Track invoices and share updated receivables report with the Finance Manager on every 5th of the month.
- Reconcile Store records with CIK reports and performs Stock counts to confirm accuracy.
- Verify Store CIK report for accuracy
- Reconcile each camp CIK report with consolidated report
- In liaison with the logistics team, perform periodic stock count to confirm completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain accurate records for all CIK.
- Maintain approved CIK reports from Stores department.
- Maintain both Hard copy and soft copy of CIK reports.
- Ensure CIK are correctly valued and recorded
- Goods should be Valued at Cost (if known) or Fair Market Value
- Ensure valuation of services is based on cost
- All valuation methods must be documented and retained with the CIK forms and approved by the Deputy Director Finance & Administration Services (DDFAS).
- Ensure that CIK items received and issued are accurately documented in the CIK matrix report and review the Commodity Tracking System to ensure that the same is captured accurately by the logistics team.
- Prepare journal entries to recognize CIK items received and issued in the financial system SCALA.
- Perform other Shared duties.
- Participate in monthly incentive payments.
- Verification of SCALA coding slips and Payment voucher before payments are done.
- Assist Finance Manager on preliminary budget preparation for proposals
- Sit in for the Operations Accountant and Finance Manager when required
go to method of application »
CARE International in Kenya is looking for well organized and highly motivated Kenyan National who is result-oriented to fill the above position
Reporting to the Director for Humanitarian Assistance & Refugee Operations (DHARO), the Finance and Administration Manager will ensure that all administration and financial processes are functioning effectively and efficiently, monitor administration and financial results to detect risks and opportunities and draw them to the attention of Management and Program. He/She will plan, execute and evaluate all Refugee Assistance Program administration, procurement and financial management activities, create, update and ensure compliance with relevant CARE policies and procedures.
The incumbent will also prepare accounts analysis and refine account balances, review reports to the donors to ensure they are in line with all requirements and they contain the correct information. The position holder will also coordinate the audits processes for the RAP and provide all the required facilities as well as develop, coordinate and administer the RAP as well as the CO’s plan.
RESPONSIBIILITIES & TASKS
- Review ad approve relevant disbursements, receipts, adjusting entries and ensure compliance with donor regulations, CARE Accounting polices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ensure RAP compliance with CARE’s accounting policy vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in CARE’s Financial Manual and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Supervision of the preparation of monthly financial reports (SCALA). Coordination, supervision and review of all financial reports to be submitted to Donors and CK Head Office
- Keeping track of payables
- Controlling the maintenance of the tracking tools 1.6 Facilitate any external and internal audits
- Supervision of RAP ‘s accounting systems and procedures consistency with the CO systems
- Analyze the financial situation of the RAP and suggest and /implement policies and procedures that ensure the adequate use of funds and fulfillment of the conditions of the agreement and the internal policies of CK
- Ensure that the RAP financial transactions are recorded on a timely basis, and that this are accurate, complete and reliable, and in accordance with GAAP
- Provide the RAP SMT with relevant and timely financial information and analysis for strategic management purposes. This will include formulation of specialized financial reports to aid in the RAP’s decision-making process
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to program support staff as part of the on-going development of their skills and knowledge
- Treasury Function
- Oversee the cash management – receipts and disbursements
- Supervise the RAP’s banking arrangements and ensure adequate liaison with principle bankers 2.3 Collect contractual miscellaneous receivables
- Ensure RAP’s accounts payable policy and cash disbursements are consistent with the CO systems
- Budget Management
- Establishment and maintenance of a master budget
- Work with the Finance Coordinator and budget holders in updating the combined work, Procurement and Spending Plans (WPS)
- Support program sectors in donor contract management including preparing budgets for proposals, negotiating donor agreements, ensuring accurate and timely budget monitoring tools and donor reporting
- Preparation of the RAP’s annual operating budget. This will include the preparation of budget guidelines to assist coordinators in formulating project budgets
- Monitor actual expenses against the budgets and report on the same to ACD-P and RAP-SMT. 3.6 Guide program staff to develop contingency plans for budget over or under expenditures, that is, cost and no-cost budget extensions
- Review donor reports and reports due to the Head Office as well as other financial information that comes from the RAP, ensuring that they fulfill all the requirements of form and depth that may be required
- SCALA Management
- Fund Codes
- Authorize the assignment of the fund codes for each budget line
- Authorize the modification of names, descriptions and other fields in the fund code set-up 4.2 Location Codes
- Responsible for developing this section of the chart of accounts consistent with policies provided
- Authorize assignments and maintenance of sub-analysis codes
- User ID’s
- Review and approve user set up forms and sign it if it agrees with the contents of forms
- Approve all user deletion forms and forward to the system administrator who must then delete the user ID from the system
- Guide the Administration department in all strategic planning activities in relation to the RAP and
- CO strategy
- Advise the SMT on application of the CO administration policies
- Ensure that all service, lease and general administrative contracts adequately protect the interests of
- the RAP
- Ensure that RAP communication facilities are up to date and the services are effective and
- Ensure RAP conformity to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with other IPs and donors.
- Ensure RAP assets are adequately safeguarded
- Supervise the RAP Administration department to ensure an effective and efficient operation
- Guide the Procurement department in all strategic planning activities in relation to the RAP and
- CO strategy
- Advise the SMT on applications of the procurement policies for the RAP consistency with the
- CO systems
- Ensure that all contractual arrangements with vendors adequately protect the interests of the RAP
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services within the RAP
- Ensure compliance with various government rules and regulations and that the RAP interests are
- adequately protected
- Oversee the Bridger system to ensure its efficient and effective application as related to vendors
- and new employees to RAP
- Supervise the RAP procurement department to ensure efficient and effective operation
- Participate as a member of the RAP SMT
- Authority over staff in the Administration, procurement and Finance departments
- Authority over budgets, quality of finance reports for internal and external use
- Sign correspondence regarding administrative, finance and procurement management matters
- Approve requests for procurement and other financially binding documents
- UNHCR, WFP, BPRM, other implementing agencies, CARE Canada, CARE Head Office, contractor
- The position is based at Dadaab Main Office (DMO) with frequent movements to Hagadera, Ifo and
- Dagahaley camps as well as any other extension camps and program sites. This is a none-family
- working station. Hot weather is prevalent throughout the year with limited basic amenities. Road
- movement to and from work station to Garissa as well as inter-camp movement must be under police
- escort (Scheduled convoys). Strict adherence to security instructions all the time. It is a six days work
- station with a compensatory time off according to CTO policy. The incumbent will be required to
- travel to Nairobi office and perform official responsibilities on need basis.
- The incumbent shall reside in the CARE compound while executing official duties and shall obey and
- adhere to residential compound regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Masters degree in Business Administration, accounting, commerce or finance
- 7 years work experience in administration and finance management in busy environments
- Holders of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, accounting , commerce or finance
- with 8 years relevant work experience will be considered for the position
- Professional Certificate in a recognized professional body such as Chartered Accountant or
- CPA, Supply and Purchasing.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, SCALA, or any relevant financial management system for
- accounting, budgeting.
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to prepare quality financial, administration and procurements reports
- Strategic Decision-Making
- Initiating Action
- Stress tolerance
- Operational decisional decision taking
- Managing performance for success
- Planning and organizing
Method of Application
Register/login using the link http://collaboration.stl- horizon.com/irc/site/signup OR send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to The Human Resources Manager, CARE International in Kenya, Email: Vacancies@care.or.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.