Nyandarua County is a County in the former Central Province of Kenya. Its capital and largest town is Ol Kalou. Formerly the capital was Nyahururu, which is now part of the Laikipia County.
Be a holder of first degree in any of the following areas: Arts, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Community Development, Political Science, Linguistics, Law or in any other closely related area.
- Develop and implement transformative strategies within the Public Administration;
- Enhance Capacity Building in the County Public Service;
- Develop strategies for in-service staff training for skills up-grading;
- Formulate and implement County Policies to manage and improve service delivery in all the Sub-County Administration Units including Enforcement Unit;
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate availability of necessary ICT infrastructure that include Fibre Optic, VIRSAT, WAN, etc;
- Digitize, automate, and maintain equipment for delivery of essential services of the County such as revenue collection, licensing, planning and development, to name a few;
- Coordinate interdepartmental and county ICT services;
- Provision of firefighting service and disaster management;
- Coordinate civic education and public participation; and
- Prepare periodic reports and linkages with the Office of the County Secretary.
go to method of application »
- Holds a first degree in any of the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, General Agriculture, Horticulture, or any other closely related area;
- Ability to integrate this sector’s planning activities with the others in the County for maximization of food security, value chain, marketing and Healthy Living; and
- Proven ability to apply systems approach in Agricultural Production.
- Promote integrated holistic Research and Extension Service that addresses Crop Production, Value Addition (agro processing), and Marketing, so as to move farmers from subsistence to commercial farming;
- Design programs that shall make Crop Husbandry a sustainable economic activity of choice and major employment and income generating sector;
- Inculcate change management such that the youth and unemployed middle aged citizens can take up farming as a viable economic activity;
- Design programmes and projects that will ensure sustainable and economical utilization of idle land;
- Establish cold storage, warehousing, and drying silos to cater for seasonality, regulate demand and supply of the farm produce and protect farmers from seasonal price fluctuations;
- Establish benchmarked quality control, weights and measures to standardize packaging of local produce;
- Enhance contracted farming with guaranteed markets and use mechanization starting with County tractor hire services that will charge for farm operation services at cost;
- Introduce high value crops to complement existing food crops;
- Enhance access to farm inputs and subsidized services like fertilizer, high breed seeds, soil testing;
- Advise farmers on best practices in crop protection;
- Diversify farming through collaboration with research institutions such as KEPHIS to commercialize new and adapted crop breed;
- Encourage tillage practices that enhance soil and water conservation and environment protection in accordance with county and national government policies ;
- Encourage innovative crop production technologies such as green house and hydroponic;
- Give advisory on crop zoning in the county in accordance with comparative advantage;
- Link with National Agricultural Research Stations; and All in all, develop strategies to ensure sustained food security and excess for export.
go to method of application »
Be a holder of first degree in any of the following areas:
- Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Financial Management, Banking, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other closely related field;
- Must be a holder of CPA (K) or its equivalent;
- Be conversant with National and County Government revenue sources;
- Be conversant with tax management;
- Be conversant with laws relating to Financial Management; and
- Have excellent skills in Computer operations and accounting packages and good understanding of the IFMIS environment.
- Management of Finance Department;
- Prepare County Budget, Financial Management and Accounting;
- Mobilization of County Revenue and Maximization of resources utilization;
- Inspire and sustain County Economic growth;
- Institute Integrated Financial Management Systems so that all sectors of the County are updated regularly; and
- Be a Member of Building Plans approving team.
Method of Application
ALL APPLICANTS must attach copies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic Certificates (from Primary to the highest level attained), Professional Certificates, and Curriculum Vitae that includes three referees;
- Certificate of Registration and a letter of Good Standing from a Professional body;
- Documents required per the Chapter Six of Constitution:
- Certificate of Good Conduct (Kenya Police Criminal Investigation Department),
- Tax Clearance Certificate from KRA,
- Credit Reference Bureau Certificate,
- Clearance Certificate from HELB, and
- Registration Form from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
The appointments of County Secretary, all Chief Officers and the Deputy County Attorney are subject to vetting and approval by the Nyandarua County Assembly.
Applicants are at liberty to add any other information to the already submitted application, if any, and those who had not applied are encouraged to do so. Note that closing date has been extended. Send or hand-deliver your application to the undersigned so as to reach latest at 5:00pm on Tuesday, 17th October, 2017. The Secretary Nyandarua County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 701-20303, OL”KALOU www.nyandarua.go.ke