IDinsight is looking for exceptional candidates to join our fast-growing teams across Africa, Asia and the US. We are looking for dynamic leaders who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, developing country setting. We invest heavily in the professional development of all of our colleagues. You will develop the skills and be given the opportunity to become a trusted advisor to senior government, multilateral, foundation and NGO leaders; develop client-facing, managerial and analytical expertise; and help propel and guide rapid organizational growth.
Locations: India (Delhi, Vijayawada); Lusaka, Zambia; Nairobi, Kenya; Johannesburg, South Africa; Dakar, Senegal
About The Manager Position
- Managers are dynamic, diverse leaders who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, developing country setting. IDinsight invests heavily in our employees’ professional development and expects them to think critically and creatively about how to maximize our clients’ social impact.
- Managers oversee all aspects of client engagements (with support from an IDinsight Partner) in order to produce high-quality reports, but more importantly, to drive each client to achieve its social impact goals. Towards this end, Managers are expected to develop a diverse skill set, including establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients, mentoring high-performing early career professionals (Associates), and developing expertise in a broad range of econometric, data, and field experiment tools.
- Client Liaising- Managers establish themselves as experts and trusted advisors to IDinsight clients. Managers use this position to provide high quality counsel and support based on rigorous evidence for senior leaders in governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially impactful businesses.
- Technical Skills- Managers harness and direct the intellectual horsepower fueling IDinsight project teams. Managers lead all elements of IDinsight evaluation and advisory projects, including evaluation design, project management, oversight of analytical processes, engagement of internal and external experts, and construction of high-quality communication materials including policy briefs, technical reports, and presentation materials. Managers need not be Stata wizards, but must be able to develop a deep and nuanced understanding of how econometric, data, and field experiment tools can be tailored to client needs.
- Mentorship of Junior Staff- Managers have the opportunity to professionally develop IDinsight Associates in order to help them achieve their long-term career goals. Associates have exceptional raw talent, and are very energetic to learn from Managers in order to hone various skills.
- IDinsight growth- When ready, Managers are encouraged to contribute to IDinsight's organizational development by helping to improve and refine the IDinsight approach, develop new client engagements, oversee country offices, and the potential to help open new IDinsight offices or start new services.
Skill and career development for Managers is essential for IDinsight’s long-term impact. With support from IDinsight leadership, Managers maintain self-directed professional development plans and are given "stretch" opportunities designed to strengthen their professional skills. Real-time feedback and structured reviews are regularly provided to maximize each Manager's expertise. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows roles and career progression to be tailored to individual strengths, interests, and goals. Due to IDinsight's expansion, all Manager positions are considered "Partner-track" and career growth is expected for high performers.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Deep passion to improve lives around the world
- Demonstrated interest in the use of evidence, rigorous impact measurement, and data to improve international development policies and programs
- Advanced degree, preferably in public policy, economics, public administration, business, or public health
- 4-8 years relevant work experience, including managerial experience in a developing country
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with senior officials
- Proven ability to lead and motivate other staff in a dynamic, multicultural environment
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking skills, with nuanced understanding of econometric, data, and field experiment tools, including but not limited to statistical software (Stata wizards welcome, but not mandatory)
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humour
- Manager/Senior Manager Title Will Depend On Qualifications.
Manager positions will be based in India (Delhi or Vijayawada), Kenya (Nairobi), South Africa (Johannesburg), Senegal (Dakar), or Zambia (Lusaka), with significant regional travel dependent on project needs and possibilities to move as we open new offices.
Compensation and Start Dates
Compensation is commensurate with relevant experience and background, and competitive within the social sector. Rolling start dates (start dates range from immediate to flexible) and minimum two-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
Applications should include three references, including email, phone, and title. Briefly state in what capacity you worked with each reference.
Locations: Offices in Asia (India and Philippines) and Africa (Kenya, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia)
About The Associate Program
IDinsight Associates are high-performing early-career professionals interested in social impact, global development, data and statistics, monitoring and evaluation, project management, and client services. The Associate experience is varied, with responsibilities ranging from office-based data analysis and client interactions to field-based team trainings and data management. Associates also contribute directly to IDinsight’s growth and evolution by taking leadership roles in their office and rotating onto a variety of internal initiatives.
Examples Of Recent IDinsight Associate Roles
- Building a data visualization tool for the Indian government
- Coordinating the writing of a white paper on how measurement projects fail
- Assisting with the implementation of an agricultural intervention in rural Mozambique
- Conducting research on digital identity in India
- Developing, piloting, and implementing internal systems for the Global Operations team
- Coordinating a 10,000-household survey in rural Nigeria for a global health evaluation
- Conducting qualitative assessments for a low-cost private school network in Uganda
- Deeply passionate about international development and serving the poor
- Interested in using rigorous evidence to increase social impact
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- 0-3 years work experience, preferably in developing country settings
- Dedication to organization and culture building and a desire to participate in office events
- Ability to quickly learn or build upon previous knowledge of statistical software like Stata
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with a range of stakeholders, from school children to senior government officials
- Self-starting team player who thrives in challenging and new situations
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time, including to rural areas
- Leadership or entrepreneurial experience
- Intellectual curiosity and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree
Candidates may be considered for other vacancies if experience and qualifications fit better with another role.
Associate positions will be based in India (Delhi or other cities), Kenya (Nairobi), the Philippines (Manila), Senegal (Dakar), South Africa (Johannesburg), and Zambia (Lusaka) with possible significant regional travel dependent on project needs and possibilities to move as we open new offices.
Note on Work Visas: IDinsight sponsors work visas for all nationalities in our non-U.S. offices in Africa and Asia, but at this time we do not sponsor international work visas in the U.S. for most roles.
Salary and benefits competitive with similar roles. Dependent on geography.
Various start dates from January to October 2018. Minimum two-year commitment, with potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.