If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands and The hub Karen. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager / Kitchen Supervisor
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team. The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
- Ensure that all items are dated on arrival
- Ensure that all perishables are stored according to OB standards
- Clean and filleting of Salmon and other fish for sushi purposes
- The preparation of prawns for sushi purposes
- The cutting and portioning of all garnish and ensuring sufficient garnish and seafood is prepared for the day/shift
- The counting and recording of stock pertaining to the sushi section
- Ensure that all containers are clean and sterilized
- Ensure that there is clean water and a clean, sterilized cloth at all times
- Ensure that the roller mat is in good condition and is covered with clean cling film daily
- Ensure that your knife is sharpened regularly and stored safely
- Ensure that your sushi display looks appetizing and clean
- Ensure that you are wearing the correct uniform and that it is clean and neat
- Check that there are sufficient side plates, bowls, soy sauce bottles and chopsticks
- Ensure that there is enough take away containers for the day
- Follow all correct HACCP procedures.
- Clean and sterilize all knives and cutting boards
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality
- A team player
- Must have certificate of good conduct.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees with the job title Sushi Chef as the subject by 21st November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted