Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands and The hub Karen. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you’ll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager / Kitchen Supervisor
We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team. The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
- Ensure that all items are dated on arrival
- Ensure that all perishables are stored according to OB standards
- Clean and filleting of Salmon and other fish for sushi purposes
- The preparation of prawns for sushi purposes
- The cutting and portioning of all garnish and ensuring sufficient garnish and seafood is prepared for the day/shift
- The counting and recording of stock pertaining to the sushi section
- Ensure that all containers are clean and sterilized
- Ensure that there is clean water and a clean, sterilized cloth at all times
- Ensure that the roller mat is in good condition and is covered with clean cling film daily
- Ensure that your knife is sharpened regularly and stored safely
- Ensure that your sushi display looks appetizing and clean
- Ensure that you are wearing the correct uniform and that it is clean and neat
- Check that there are sufficient side plates, bowls, soy sauce bottles and chopsticks
- Ensure that there is enough take away containers for the day
- Follow all correct HACCP procedures.
- Clean and sterilize all knives and cutting boards
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality
- A team player
- Must have certificate of good conduct.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees with the job title Sushi Chef as the subject by 21st November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted