If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
Main Job Purpose
To ensure an effective business partnering role for the operations on cost management, risks & controls management and leading business initiatives of an effective operations business model that enhances strong performance and continued growth.
- Business partner the Estate and Factory operations managers and the operations Director.
- Responsible for all the budgeting, planning and costs review of the estates and the factories
- Responsible for ensuring and continuously reviewing operation controls and review of Accounting policies
- Works with the Finance Manager on World Class Manufacturing (WCM) cost deployment pillar
- Responsible for stock control and management in operations
- Responsible for validation and approvals of all journal postings from operation
- Lead in spearheading receipts of all the monthly returns from all the units for end month reporting
- Driving both Gross Margin (GM) and Core Operating Margin (COM) through savings drive in operations and monitor key operations KPIs on a monthly basis
- Management of the out growers’ model and payment process on a monthly basis
- Lead both internal and external Audits processes in the operations
- Review of all critical ledger Accounts and ensure sign off of reconciliations and closure of all actions on a monthly basis.
- Lead on Financial and Accounting trainings for the non-finance teams
- Support other finance Sections including approval of suppliers’ payments
- Champion the operations IT systems controls and reviews.
- Responsible for team direct reports development.
- Degree in Business/Accounting
- Professional Qualification of CPA K or ACCA will be an added advantage
- 5-8 years in Finance/Accounting in a customer facing role/organization
- Experience and knowledge on the use of SUN system or any other Finance system.
- Proficient in office packages i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Should be very articulate, results oriented, innovative, challenges convention, works with no supervision and should be a great team player.
- Leadership attributes- proven ability to manage teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply