If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people.
The Audit, Risk & Compliance function supports CARE Somalia/ Somaliland and its management by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems in place.
The role holder will be part of a team delivering high quality, outcomes-focussed internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them to meet agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget.
He/She will also be expected to maintain strong professional relationships with their team and auditees, ensuring that they keep up-to-date with changes and events that have a significant impact on the risk profile of actual as well as potential assignments.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Audit, Risk & Compliance Manager
Budget Responsibilities: None directly, but will be instrumental audits are delivered on budget.
Staff are expected to:
- travel and deliver audits across the whole Country Office programming portfolio, unless travel is restricted by the organisation.
- work to the annual timetable for audits, rather than the timetable of their home base office. By this it’s meant that staff may be required to work on a particular festival or holiday and a day offered in lieu.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- R1: work with the Audit & Compliance Manager and Senior Audit & Compliance Officer as required, to deliver on audit assignments;
- R2: in interacting with ‘clients’, present a positive face of Internal Audit & Compliance Unit and aim to build strong relationships both through effective collaboration, and the delivery of first-class results;
- R3: work to a defined internal audit methodology, and meet the expectations of senior auditor and manager in delivering high quality internal audit work;
- R4: promote ‘horizontal learning’ opportunities, ensuring that learning is identified and that good practice is shared actively operations/ regions/programmes visited;
- R5: participate in workshops and presentations as required by the organisation ;
- R6: contribute to systems development work within CARE International, helping provide sound advice regarding appropriate levels of internal control & oversight, and facilitating the effective management of risk ; and,
- R7: Maintain up-to-date knowledge of audit tools and CARE's operations, operating environment.
BEHAVIOURS (CARE values in Practice)
- Affirms the dignity, potential and contribution of participants, donors, partners and staff.
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- holds themselves accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and being a real ambassador Audit, Risk & Compliance Unit;
- foster a culture of accountability across the organisation through their internal audit work
- An active listener, approachable
- Works closely with all parties, working clearly towards finding practical and effective solutions to complex problems
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for both themselves and their team, bringing out the best in the team, and playing an active role in development – their own as well as the team’s
- motivates others in furthering the vision for CARE
- University degree in Accounting
- be a qualified internal auditor (IIA) or accountant (CPA, ACCA) or equivalent;
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and extensive internal audit experience in a reputable INGO or audit firm.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- detail-orientated, and is committed to undertaking work in a logical and disciplined manner, in line with the prescribed methodology
- able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – able to present findings and recommendation and express opinions confidently;
- Planning and organizing – able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives;
- willing to undertake high amount of travel and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Somali language;
- a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures; and
- committed to CARE International’s values.
- at least 3 years audit experience in an INGO or in a reputable commercial/public sector international organisation;
- experience of grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
- financial analysis aptitude
- experience of computerised financial systems
- Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by February 27, 2018. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse