Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Ref No 3221
Duma Works is recruiting an accountant for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading piping solutions provider in the East African region.
Team :Accounts Team
Reporting to the Chief Accountant
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensure books of account are up to date on Real-time basis.
- Prepare accurate Bank reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Ensure all statutory returns are filed within deadlines.
- Ensure Individual Balance Score Card Weightage is achieved.
- Receiving and Posting of Invoices after ensuring accuracy.
- Preparing Payments after reconciliations and ensuring all documents are in order.
- Preparing and filing of Statutory returns within deadlines.
- Participate in Stock take at regular intervals.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Accountant or the Finance Director
- Degree in business related courses preferably Finance and Accounting.
- CPA-K or ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in a commercial organization preferably in a manufacturing Industry.
- Must have worked with an ERP system
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Keen to details
- Knowledge all applicable KRA Acts and mandatory returns, processes and dates
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Proficient with any Payroll software.
- Proficient with any ERP software.
- Smart working
- Team Player
- Good communication skills.
- To be able to work without supervision.
- With Internal Customers.
- HR Team
- Warehouse Team
- Procurement Team
- Production Team
- Maintenance Team
- Sales Team
- Quality Control Team
- All Directors
- No supplier complaint for delayed or incorrect payment.
- No missed Statutory deadline.
go to method of application »
Ref No 3329
We are looking for a Technical
who under general direction is responsible for the sale of the company’s offerings to contractors, designers and consulting engineers.
The successful candidate will promote our value proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solution, build and manage long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts and will be responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners.
We expect the successful candidate to execute the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and seek out, qualify and close new sales opportunities
- Sells, with minimal supervision, our products persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow the company to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, on-going, opportunities.
- Builds partnering relationships with members of the construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of our offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer’s business cycle customer base. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with our strategy. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favourably positions us. Qualifies and assesses potential customers.
- Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates our services and products from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences strategies with the construction community. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages our sales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in the managed system with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Employee has to set a minimum of 12-15 appointments with consultants, contractors etc. (stakeholders) on a weekly basis.
- Keep detailed info on each potential client on file with as much information as possible like birthdays, spouses name, colleagues, main projects being worked on currently.
- Have detailed understanding of all company’s products in order to be able to upsell when opportunities arise.
- Detailed and comprehensive reports weekly back to HO.
- Fully understands and ensures complete technical knowledge and know-how of key products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required.
- At least 3-5 years in technical sales.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Have contacts or ability to develop relationships with contacts in key construction bodies (BORAQS, EBK etc.)
go to method of application »
Ref No 3326
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance and Budget Analyst for our client, Technoserve.
Reports to: Regional Program Director – SAPFF
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe collaborates with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), a non-profit organization that aggregates and links the corporate volunteer expertise of leading food companies—General Mills, Cargill, Bühler, DSM, Hershey and Ardent Mills—with promising food industry entrepreneurs in Africa.
Under the anticipated USAID-funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Project, TechnoServe will work alongside PFS to engage local food companies, identify their growth challenges, and link them with volunteer experts from PFS corporate partners.
The project will build the efficiency and inclusiveness of food processing sectors – improving production and profitability, increasing linkages with smallholder farmers, and growing distribution channels to better reach Base of the Pyramid (BoP) markets. Implementation is anticipated for up to five years delivering services across Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya and Zambia.
Budget Preparation and Monitoring
- Support detailed country activity-based budget development closely linked to work plans.
- Build capacity of country teams to understand and manage the budget.
- Prepare a monthly report to track expenditure against budget for each project country. Lead country calls to review budget variances and plan for the future.
- Participate in quarterly burn rate calls with VP East Africa.
- Lead mid-year reviews of the project budget.
- Support annual budgeting, forecasting and year planning, and ensure that they are consistent with TechnoServe’s guidelines and procedures
Financial Management and Analysis
- Provide financial and accounting oversight to the project regional and country operations.
- Establish and ensure compliance with budget codes. Ensure that all financial data recorded in the financial management system across the project countries has the mandatory dimensions.
- Review monthly accounting transactions using online NAV accounting tools and follow up with Country Project accountants to fix errors noted before they are posted.
- Ensure all accounting data in the system are updated, reconciled and fully supported in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Liaise with country Finance Controllers to ensure timely completion of month-end procedures and that the results are posted on time.
- Liaise with the Regional Finance Analyst to ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly financial reporting to the donor (SF425) and accruals.
- Monitor project partner expenditures against budget. Review disbursement to partner including review of partners’ financial reports and documentation before posting in NAV system.
- Maintain accounting records.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in relation to sensitive and confidential commercial and business financial decisions and issues.
- Provide pro-active advice to ensure optimal financial systems, reporting and maintenance of TechnoServe’s accounting policies, financial procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations, and corporate and donor standards.
Staff Capacity Building
- Regularly travel to project countries to provide support to the teams in budget management and adherence to financial procedures.
- Provide orientation to new staff on financial systems as required.
- Provide training and capacity building in team meetings.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration, or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years accounting and finance experience with projects funded by donors, including USAID. At least 2 of these years must be in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of GAAP and FAR/USAIDAR strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills, including computerized accounting systems. Experience with NAV an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a multi-cultural environment.
- Previous work experience in at least one of the project countries required; experience in additional countries an advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively among project countries.
- Excellent English skills.
Method of Application
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the job title as the subject of the mail, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3336 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 30 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.