If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Musoni is the world’s first financial institution to exclusively use mobile money. We aim to be the most efficient microfinance institution in Kenya by being cashless, paperless and data-driven to offer the best value, most flexible and most customer-oriented financial services in the market.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to shape the organizations Marketing and Communications strategy including developing the brand, integrated communications strategy and managing a wide range of marketing channels. As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for undertaking activities that establish, promote, enhance, and protect Musoni’s brand. The individual should be an excellent writer, experienced in content creation across multiple platforms, and skilled in event and project management. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and related processes that serve Musoni’s mission, product goals/objectives and lead the development of clear, compelling, consistent internal and external messaging to increase awareness, engagement and brand value
- Set up a marketing function for the institution.
- Responsible for the consistent brand-aligned presentation of the organization both internally and externally
- Oversee market data analysis and evaluation and set up tracking and report KPIs for all marketing activity
- Plan and produce marketing communications and sales promotion materials to meet product strategies and sales objectives.
- Manage internal and/or external communications such as press releases, video, newsletters, corporate presentations, websites, apps, social media, and blogs.
- Identify and share best practices in the area of expertise whether it be media placement, digital marketing, press relations, or other areas.
- Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, product manuals, brochures etc.
- Interact with product management, sales management, and external suppliers to develop and implement integrated communication plans.
- Co-ordinate and manage marketing agencies and supplier relationships and budgets in support of marketing and communications
- Work with projects relating to search engine optimization, website updates, social media and email automation
- Conduct regular research on brand awareness, market position, share, competitiveness, emerging trends and on digital finance insights
- Engage with clients and ensure frequent promotional client stories are run on different selected platforms
- Initiate marketing activities geared towards promoting the Musoni Brand, with an aim of attracting customers to the institution and making the brand a household name in the country.
- Identify and engage with partners both local and foreign to promote Musoni’s success story
Does this sound like you?
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management experience
- A track record across the full marketing & communications mix
- Strong content development and management experience
- Strong personal commitment to Musoni’s mission, with direct hands-on experience in Microfinance or Rural Finance is a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Musoni career website on www.linkedin.com to apply